VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Transfer of Project from Movie Studio Platinum to DVD Architect

:?I am using Movie Studio 13 and DVD Architect. My project is to take about 50 home movies shot between 1948 to 1965 for transfer to DVD. They have already been digitized. I create my timeline with markers separating each of the films expecting to create a menu when transferred to Architect. The films are imported from an External Hard Drive. At the beginning of each segment I have added titles and a couple of still shots. I save my project to a second external hard drive. As you may assume, this is a long timeline. When I attempt to save my project to DVD Architect, the whole project disappears from my system and is not recoverable. I had contacted SONY Tech support by phone, asking how to perform this action. I followed their instruction to perform the action. As you probably know, Sony no longer has phone support even though I paid for it. This scenario has occurred twice. Can you offer any suggestion?
Last Edit:07 Oct 2016 08:55 by RobertDed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi RobertDed and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

To speed up the process of giving you an accurate answer, can you please email me a copy of your Movie Studio .vf project file.
This is only a tiny file and contains no actual video, but will give me an idea about the precise nature of your project and settings.
You can email to help@moviestudiozen.com

I have an idea about what might be happening.

Regards
Derek (Dr Zen)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

I have not received any emails from you yet ?

How long in minutes is your Movie Studio project ? What is the total time ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thank you for the project file.

Your project is 2 hours 2 minutes long. If you are using 4.7 GB DVDs, the project is probably too big to fit on the disc.
If you used 8.5 GB dual layer discs, it should work OK.

However, I suggest you use a completely different method for creating your DVD, where you use Custom Bit Rates to make the video fit perfectly on the DVD.
You need to render (Make Movie) your video in Movie Studio first and save to the hard drive, then manually import your Video file into DVD Architect. This is actually the best way to make DVDs, because you gain full control over all the processes.

I have an in-depth tutorial on how to use this method here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/493-how-to-compress-a-long-video-onto-a-dvd

To make things easier for you, here are the Bit Rates I suggest you use:
When entering these numbers into Movie Studio, make sure to add THREE x3 extra ZEROS 000 at end of values.

To render the Video and Audio file in Movie Studio, use the pathway Make Movie/Save to Hard Drive/Advanced
Once you get to this window, you will be able to easily adapt the instructions from tutorial above.

With this method, you are also going to render the Audio file separately.
However, you only need to import the Video file into DVD Architect.

I know this method may seem a little overwhelming at first, but don't worry.
Once you have gone through all the steps a few times, it is not that bad.

Let me know if you get stuck anywhere with this.

Regards
Derek
Last Edit:12 Oct 2016 23:34 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.742 seconds