VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 14 PC Components?

Vegas Pro 14 PC Components? was created by miket11

Posted 12 Oct 2016 19:01 #1
Hi all I'm new here and hope you can help me out. I fairly new and not a pro with video editing. I do simple stuff with videos nothing on professional level.
But I've been running into a problem with Vegas Pro 13, it has been lagging a lot, rendering problems, slow, etc. So I thought it must be my computer, and I started looking into new video cards. But I soon found out that new nvidia cards are not supported.

Can someone explain this to me a little better. Can I not use nvidia cards anymore with vegas 13 pro?

I had my hopes up with Vegas 14 but after watching this preview video of vegas 14 i again lost my hope with vegas.

Can someone explain to me and suggest what to do?

I have an i5 2500k cpu
gtx 570 video card
16gb ram

or should i just leave as it is and vegas 14 will work just fine?

Or should I get some other video editing software?
by miket11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 PC Components?

Posted 12 Oct 2016 23:13 #2
Hi miket11

Your first message was created successfully.
All new members to the forum have their first message moderated, to make sure you are not a spammer.
There would have been a message on the screen telling you this, but you have not read it.
You're right now.

There is nothing wrong with your computer!
You already have a good CPU and GPU.
You are actually very lucky, because the Graphics Card you already have works much better in Vegas than newer models.
This card gives you the ability to render with CUDA support in Mainconcept AVC/AAC, which is faster than using the CPU only.

You are also better to stick with Vegas Pro 13 for now, instead of Vegas Pro 14.
VP13 is faster at rendering with your current hardware.
There are many bugs with the new VP14 that need fixing.

There are two videos I made that you should watch. They should answer your questions.
The type of video you import can have a BIG effect on Preview Window playback speed. Using Proxy Videos will probably help you a lot.
I also recommend re-booting your computer before you render a project - this always seems to speed my rendering times up quite a bit.

1. Zen Tip #3: Why Is The Preview Window Lagging So Much in Sony Vegas?

2. Zen Tip #15: How To Speed Up Your Rendering Times in Sony Vegas

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Vegas Pro 14 PC Components?

Posted 13 Oct 2016 01:31 #3
Hi Miket11,

If you look through the archives of our Good Doctor's videos, you will see the computer he had built a few years ago. He was rocking one of those Screaming Sandy Bridge Intel chips as well, and has done fantastic with it. Besides the advice he gave you, and knowing that your CPU/GPU/RAM are "up to snuff", the other thing would be, do you use an Solid State Drive (SSD) or an older Hard Disk Drive (HDD)? Since most of the software that consumers would purchase for video editing works very well with the hardware they have in their current rigs (always exceptions to the rule though), where most people see the improvement in editing/previewing is when they switch to an SSD from an HDD. Some only use one for the OS and applications, others only for their "raw" footage, and others use them for both (I fall into the latter category). If you do a search on Google for YouTube videos, you will see this includes pretty much most anyone whether they use the Sony/Magix; Adobe; Cyberlink; Pinnacle; etc. software. Very little differences between them when it comes to hardware specifications. Adobe has done some work with their software to help utilize video cards, but still the biggest benefit you will see is by moving to an SSD. The best example I have seen are a couple of videos Dave Dougdale did on Youtube a couple of years ago with the computer he dubbed "Dave's Monster" (use that search term in Youtube), and you can look for his video called "what an ssd can do...", or something like that.

Good Luck!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds