VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved NewBlue Titler Pro

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

NewBlue Titler Pro was created by BobH

Posted 01 Dec 2016 01:26 #1
Hi all, this follows on from an earlier post but is an update. I bought Vegas Pro 12 and with this was NewBlue Titler Pro 1. I now have installed Vegas Pro 13 and recently Vegas Pro 14 and my Titler Pro 1 will not work without a water mark. I see NewBlue are now offering their latest Titler Pro 5 for sale, but I really do not need all this functionality even with the reduced price of $149 I am offered. I contacted them to see if I could purchase an earlier version, say Titler Pro 2 or 3 but they said these were no longer on sale. This surprised me as I thought they would be on offer at a reduced rate, but apparently not. So my question: Is there any way I can purchase an earlier copy of the software with an appropriate licence. Secondly, is it possible/allowed to transfer a licence from one user to another without causing problems? Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
BobH
by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic NewBlue Titler Pro

Posted 01 Dec 2016 14:55 #2
Hi Bob

I also started with Titler Pro 1.0 in Vegas Pro, a few years ago.
I also use Movie Studio Platinum which includes Titler Express (more basic version).
Both of these included Titlers are locked in to only work with the program you bought them with, because you basically got them for free.

You can't buy older versions of Titler Pro from anywhere - that's just the way it is with NBFX.

I would actually recommend you buy Titler Pro 5.
It's a great price and should work OK in all your versions of Vegas Pro.

It get's a bit complicated now, but here is a full breakdown of what the current situation is with Titler Pro versions and Vegas Pro.
The No.1 reason why I recommend upgrading to Titler Pro 5, is because it should work in Vegas Pro 12, 13 & 14.
Titler Pro 2, 3 and 4 do not work in Vegas Pro 14 !!!
The coding in Vegas Pro 14 has changed in a significant way, that affects older versions of Titler Pro.
I know this through direct experience and have just wasted many weeks trying to resolve this problem.

I had Titler Pro 3 which worked perfectly in Movie Studio and Vegas Pro 13, but does not work in Vegas Pro 14.
Vegas Pro 14 comes with Titler Pro Express, which is a basic version of Titler Pro that is specifically coded to work with Vegas Pro 14.
Vegas Pro 14 Suite comes with a special version of Titler Pro 3, which is also coded specifically to work with Vegas Pro 14. This version of TP3 is different to the existing Titler Pro 3 that was released 2 years ago.

Because I already owned Titler Pro 3, NewBlueFX support gave me a free copy of the newer version of Titler Pro 3, which does work in Vegas Pro 13, Vegas Pro 14 and Movie Studio Platinum.

I also own a large collection of other NewBlueFX Video FX and Transitions packs.
I had a lot of problems trying to get everything working OK in all versions of my Sony Software, after installing the newer version of Titler Pro 3.
Long story short, I un-installed all my NBFX and manually deleted all program files and Windows registry keys for NBFX.
Then re-installed Titler Pro 3 first and then all my older FX packs - everything is now working 100% OK in all versions of Vegas Pro and Movie Studio.

If you get stuck with anything, please let me know!

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2016 16:16 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by BobH on topic NewBlue Titler Pro

Posted 02 Dec 2016 02:22 #3
Hi Derek, thank you for taking the time to give such a full reply. I did not realise there were all these problems to overcome and the time you have sent sorting it out. So I guess my one option is to buy version 5 if I decide to go down that route. Thank you for your time and effort.

All the best
Bob Horton
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 04 Dec 2016 02:01 #4
Hi again,
So I took the plunge and have purchased Titler Pro 5, so now I have to learn how to use it!! Just one question please; If I have Titler Pro 1 titles in a project, how can I upgrade them to use Titler Pro 5?
Thanks
Bob Horton
by BobH

Posted 04 Dec 2016 12:23 #5
Normally if you have Titler Pro events saved with older versions of the Titler and open them with a newer version, they should open and update automatically.
However, I have no current experience with opening Titler Pro 1 in Titler Pro 5.
It's been well over three years since I was using Titler Pro 1 and I can't remember what happened when I opened in Titler Pro 2 or 3.
I have a vague memory that I had to start from scratch when I jumped above V 1.0 ?

One thing I have done through the generations is extensively used the Save functions.
Example: File/Save As - saves project as .nbtitle file
OR
File/Save to Library/Style, Paragraph, Project,....etc...

Sorry I can't be more help with this one.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 04 Dec 2016 21:30 #6
Hello Derek and thanks for the reply.
I read somewhere, and I thought it might have been on this forum, that all versions updated automatically accept Title Pro 1, where one had to do some extra steps. Not to worry, I'll have a search and also look out for some useful tutorials.

Freezing cold here in the UK, but I fly to Sydney on Christmas day to spend six weeks with my son and family. Looking forward to longer days and some heat!!
A great website/forums so keep up the great work.

Bob Horton
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 14 Dec 2016 01:36 #7
Hi again,

So I have been playing with Titler Pro 5 for a while now and made some progress but it is slow. It seems most tutorials available refer to earlier version, so if anyone knows of some Titler Pro 5 tutorials please would you point me in the right direction. Also it seems that many tutorials seem to refer mainly how it links with Adobe Premiere. So just a few questions if anyone is able to help:

In Sony (magic) Vegas Pro 13 it seems I can use Titler Pro 5 either as a media generator or as video FX I can drag onto a clip. What is the difference if any and is one method preferable to the other?
When I have created a Title what are my options to save this and use it again later in a project or a different project? In the days I used Titler Pro 1, I could save a preset in the media generator tab for one line or two line titles etc.. Then when I opened the media generator I could select my preset and just drag it to the timeline, change the text and voila all was fine. It seems that later versions of Titler Pro operate differently and I am not too sure how to proceed.
Finally for the moment, as I add more titles to my project I see the Title List is populated with all my tittles. If I start a new project it Vegas Pro 13 will the Title List still be present or will it start over from scratch?

I guess my learning curve is rather slow, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Derek, are you going to upgrade to Titler Pro 5, if so one of you excellent tutorials sometime in the future would be really great to see.

Such a helpful forum, so cheers everyone.

Bob Horton

PS. When posting is there a spell checker I can use?
by BobH

Posted 16 Dec 2016 16:18 #8
I don't own Titler Pro 5, so I don't know what the layout looks like.

Have you checked out NewBlue's YouTube channel ?
They have quite a few tutorials on Titler Pro.
www.youtube.com/user/newbluefx/videos

I am really pushed for time leading up to Christmas, so I don't have spare time available for answering detailed questions, that require detailed and lengthy responses. I would like to update to TP5 myself in the new year and then I will make some tutorials.

Derek.
Last Edit:16 Dec 2016 16:19 by DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle Six on topic NewBlue Titler Pro

Posted 26 Dec 2016 03:32 #9
I just come across a post, by Edward Troxel, that may be of some help to those having issues with NewBlue Titler......

www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/533312-newblue-titlers-vp14-update.html
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds