Solved New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work

• Thank you received: 1

New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work was created by jerrysoutdoorsshow

Hey all ,,, Long time radio host diving in to tv .. No stranger to editing audio ..little on the amateur side of when it comes to video ..but picking it up fast . I can't seem to figure out Pro titler .. When I go to collections and pick Rolling glow and enlarge preset , I highlight the text and delete text to put in my own and the whole effect disappears from the event line ,, Just can't seem to figure out how to get rid of their text so I can use my own
15 Dec 2016 10:41 #1
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work

Hi Jerry

I stopped using ProType Titler many years ago, after New Blue FX released Titler Pro, so my knowledge of using this is shrunk a bit.
I do remember the frustration of learning how to use Pro Type Titler.

The trick to editing words is this.
1. Add preset from collections to blank timeline using double-click - lets use Float & Pop as an example.
2. Click on top of Float & Pop, then press Edit button at top that looks like an I-beam.
3. Step three is the holy grail move. You must now select ALL of the Text by dragging mouse pointer from "first to last letter" or "last to first letter".

4. Now type the new text you want. This time the key-frames and effects will stay in place.
5. Press ESC key to exit Edit Mode and press Play button.

If you get lost, I found an excellent tutorial on YouTube for you to watch here.
Please note that he is using an older version of the Titler, so that is why some of the controls are in different positions.

Regards
Derek
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jerrysoutdoorsshow
15 Dec 2016 12:56 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by jerrysoutdoorsshow on topic New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work

Thank you so much ... It worked !!! I must have tried 100 times before
and was like how can this be so hard to figure out ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
16 Dec 2016 01:36 #3

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic New to forum new to Vegas pro 14 can't seem to get the hang of making Protype Titler to work

jerrysoutdoorsshow wrote: I must have tried 100 times before and was like how can this be so hard to figure out ...

I feel your pain and understand completely.
File Attachment:

I'm glad you can have some fun now :woohoo:
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
16 Dec 2016 16:30 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.