VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14 was created by alittleolder

Posted 22 Dec 2016 00:49 #1
As it says in the subject, I will need to install Vegas Pro 14 Suite again. Although I've only purchased the Upgrade Version because I also own Movie Studio 13 Platinum Suite. So my question is, do I install Vegas first without MSPS or do I install MSPS first because it contains some stuff I might need with Vegas Pro 14 Suite? This will be a completely clean new system and I aim to install as few programs on it as possible.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

Posted 22 Dec 2016 01:10 #2
There is no actual upgrade version of Vegas Pro 14.
There is only one version, the same version for everyone.
"Upgrade" is referring to pricing only and not to different code versions.
The installation file is the same, no matter which deal you used to buy the program.

If you were reinstalling all your programs, you would not need to install Movie Studio at all, if you only wanted to use Vegas Pro from now onward.

Why do you need to do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14 ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Dec 2016 00:50 by DoctorZen

Replied by alittleolder on topic How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

Posted 23 Dec 2016 06:20 #3
I need a clean install because I went ahead and ordered a new computer which should fully built in the next couple of days. I was mostly asking about MovieStudio Platinum Suite 13 if there are any programs I would still need that aren't included in Vegas Pro 14 Suite. I have only overflown the list but it really doesn't look like there is a lot in the sound direction in Vegas Pro 14 or did I miss something. Sadly I was very ill again the last few days so had no opportunity to look around more on my editing computer.

As for the "upgrade" Version. I am still thinking in oldschool ways I guess where the upgrade looks for the previous version. Didn't think it through. Although my question mostly relates to th stuff from the Suite if there is anything worth grabbing for Vegas 14 Pro Suite.
Last Edit:23 Dec 2016 08:06 by alittleolder

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

Posted 23 Dec 2016 08:26 #4
A "clean install" normally refers to re-installing an existing program on the same computer and is often done if a program stops working properly for no good reason. That is why I asked if about why you needed to do a clean install.

I now understand that this is not what you mean and you just want to install your programs a 2nd time on a new computer. This is quite OK to install any of your Sony and Magix programs a second different computer, using your existing program installation files. Nothing special needs to be done. When you have a program installed on 2 different machines, the only "loose rule" that exists, is you can't have both computers on at the same time with the same program running.

There is probably nothing much from Movie Studio Suite 13 that can be used with Vegas Pro 14 Suite. However, if you have a lot of old projects saved with Movie Studio, you may like to have Movie Studio installed so you can open older projects and inspect them without experiencing any problems. Vegas Pro 14 does allow Movie Studio projects to be opened with it, however things like New Blue Titler EX events will not work in Vegas Pro.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alittleolder

Replied by alittleolder on topic How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

Posted 28 Dec 2016 03:14 #5
I'm Austrian, so usmy native language istn't english. In German a "clean" installation can mean either. But I will keep the older computer, so I can access my Moviestudio Stuff. On the new one it'll be Vegas Pro 14 only. I have about 1 week left until it arrives. Feels like Christmas. Which is funny considering the date as my purchase had nothing to do with the season.

If I ask stupid questions again, I'll just donate again.

You really did solve a lot of problems for me now and in the past.

Thanks a lot for the effort.

Hope you'll release a new video soon.

regards,
Stephan

Replied by vkmast on topic How to best do a clean install of Vegas Pro 14

Posted 28 Dec 2016 04:08 #6

DoctorZen wrote: ---I now understand that this is not what you mean and you just want to install your programs a 2nd time on a new computer. This is quite OK to install any of your Sony and Magix programs a second different computer, using your existing program installation files. Nothing special needs to be done. When you have a program installed on 2 different machines, the only "loose rule" that exists, is you can't have both computers on at the same time with the same program running.---

Sony/SCS certainly did not allow the software to be used on two devices simultaneously, but this seems to have changed with MAGIX even though the EULA is not quite clear. I cannot verify this as I don't have any Magix Vegas software yet, but according to Nick Hope's interpretation in his excellent FAQs on the MAGIX VEGAS forum,

"9. How many computers can I use VEGAS Pro on?
You can use MAGIX VEGAS Pro (13.0 build 543 and later) simultaneously on 2 devices. To deactivate a device so you can activate a different one, go to your MAGIX account > My Products > Show More Details > Deactivate
"

More of the changes re SCS and MAGIX can be found in this post by a Magix Vegas team member.
Last Edit:28 Dec 2016 04:27 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.796 seconds