VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Preferences ...

Preferences ... was created by jerrysoutdoorsshow

Posted 22 Dec 2016 12:53 #1
In Preference window what should my dynamic ram be set to? Vegas Pro has worked great ,,, until I used Float and Pop ... now it wants to stutter ..when i had no problem with preview playback with other effects ..
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Preferences ...

Posted 22 Dec 2016 14:55 #2
Leave Dynamic RAM Preview exactly where it is at 200MBs - only change this if you plan to create RAM Previews while editing.
This setting does not affect Preview Window performance, but instead is the amount of RAM available for rendering small sample previews that are stored temporarily in your RAM memory.

Example:
Set RAM to say 4 or 6 GB.
Now drag out a loop region of about 5 to 10 seconds around your Float & Pop - drag blank area above Timeline Ruler.
Now press Shift + B
An uncompressed video will now be rendered into RAM.
Press play and it will be smooth.
Resizing the Preview Window or changing the Quality Setting will clear the RAM cache.

It is not unusual to see Animated Text Events lag during playback, once you start adding more layers and tracks to a project.
Setting to Preview Window to Preview (Auto) quality will help improve things.
Also make sure that you have set your Project Properties for the entire project before you begin each project.
Changing things like the Frame Rate after you have added a Text Event, will cause lag.

I have also found that re-booting my computer and then re-loading a project, can help with Preview playback sometimes.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:23 Dec 2016 00:51 by DoctorZen

Replied by jerrysoutdoorsshow on topic Preferences ...

Posted 23 Dec 2016 11:12 #3
Thank you very much Derek!! I appreciate you taking the time first off ,to help novices like me ,and secondly for sharing a wealth of info on this site .. Thank you .. I'm sure I'll have more ..

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds