VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Error adding video

Error adding video was created by Viktor33

Posted 24 Dec 2016 13:10 #1
I have vegas pro 12 and ran into an interesting Error. I rendered my raw video using premier encoder from its .mts structure to a mp4 file. I kept its properties the same 29.90 upper field first variable 1 pass at 22megs max rate. I changed it to an mp4 because it was supposed to help with editing in Vegas pro 12. Now when I import the mp4 file it shows up on the time line and I can see it however, the program freezes and and says it's "not responding " and won't build its peaks and I have to terminate the program.
I cleared the cache and was wondering if there was anything else I was missing.
Thanks
Viktor
Last Edit:24 Dec 2016 18:35 by Viktor33

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Error adding video

Posted 24 Dec 2016 18:37 #2
Hi Viktor

Have you tried just importing the original .mts video ?
I have been importing .mts videos into Vegas Pro for many years and have no problem with this format.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Jan 2017 23:09 by DoctorZen

Replied by Peter on topic Error adding video

Posted 25 Dec 2016 03:09 #3
Hi Viktor,
Welcome to the world of trial and error with video editing.
Things go wrong, go right - make careful notes as you do things, and when they work as you wish, you will have a trail to return to.
Experiment and experiment - fiddle and observe what happens.
Enjoy the journey,

Peter
by Peter

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Error adding video

Posted 25 Dec 2016 03:34 #4
Hi Viktor,

Viktor33 wrote: I kept its properties the same 29.90

Was '29.90' a typo or the actual frame rate? I will assume your .mts source media frame rate was 29.970. If your post was a typo, please disregard. If 29.90 fps is the actual encoded result from Premier Encoder, then you might want to re-render matching the frame rate of the .mts source media.

I agree with Derek, I have never had problems editing .mts files in Movie Studio 12/13 or Vegas Pro 13. However, reading between the lines of your post, I would assume you have already tried to edit your source .mts in Vegas Pro 12 and had some kind of problem(s). Would you like to explain what problems you may have encounter? Perhaps there is some mismatch, and solving that, you could edit in VP12 direct from the camera, avoiding the extra step in Premier Encoder.

Mediainfo is a free program which will read any video file and report the specifications. If you post here the Mediainfo report of both your .mts source media and from one of the .mp4, it may help us determine what may be mismatched. Please use the 'text' format report in Mediainfo.

Also, posting a screenshot of the Project Properties would be helpful. Did you 'match media' when you started your project before adding the .mp4 media?
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Error adding video

Posted 25 Dec 2016 15:23 #5
Hi Viktor,

Adding to what our Great Doctor Zen and #1 Zenster George said, I too have also used .mts files from my Panasonic camcorder. That is bring the footage into Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 and 13, Vegas Pro 12, 13, and 14. I copy all of the files into a folder from the memory card straight to a folder on a drive that I use strictly for ingesting media. Besides the issues of using GoPro footage, typically I have not had any problems with .mts, .mov from my Canon cameras, .avi from an older DV camcorder, and other sources, including rarely used Samsung Galaxy SIII video. I usually see problems in the rendering part, and if you look at the percentage and time of a failure in rendering, you can typically go to that point and see what possibly is the problem. Mine usually turn out to be a corrupted file or picture, that I usually replace with either a different photo, one that has not been modified too much, or go back to the absolute original (great having a server for this!). Possibly, you may have had a "hiccup" while moving the file over from the memory card to the computer, it got corrupted along the way, need to format the memory card in your camera for use, cable loose on external card reader on reader or computer, etc. Just some food for thought, as they say.

Good Luck,

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.732 seconds