VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question HELP VIDEO LOST

• LarryC
  • LarryC's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

HELP VIDEO LOST was created by LarryC

Posted 02 Jan 2017 11:36 #1
I upgraded from Platinum to Vegas Pro. Editing was easy and worked smoother for me, BUT when I went to make a DVD and noticed the Make DVD icon at the top is no longer there, I went to try in manually. VANISH! my files and Video were gon. Not in the Recycle Bin, NOT in the floder created with all the video and still shots (also gone form the desktop. I looked for a Vegas Pro 14 folder in the Documents folder, and none was there, Any ideas where to look or find it would be a tremendous life saver!!! Six days work down the drain. The folder and files still have to be on my computer somewhere - I hope.
by LarryC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic HELP VIDEO LOST

Posted 02 Jan 2017 13:37 #2
I am having trouble decoding your message.

when I went to make a DVD and noticed the Make DVD icon at the top is no longer there, I went to try in manually. VANISH! my files and Video were gon.

Which program are you talking about ?
Where are you in the program when you are trying to do this ?
Are you referring to the differences between what you were use to in Movie Studio vs Vegas Pro ?

Vegas Pro does not automatically create a folder structure for you, like Movie Studio did.
You need to manually create your own folder structure.
I use Documents/Vegas Pro 14 Projects/then add my own project folders.

If you used the function File/Save As, your project would have been saved in the last folder location you opened on your computer, so it could be anywhere.

If you used the function File/Render As, you need to check the output folder location at top of Render As window. Once again, you need to manually Browse first and create/select exactly where you want the video saved to.

No project file or video can be deleted by Vegas Pro for no reason.
Use your Windows Search function to locate where the missing files/videos are.
You can do a loose search just for .veg to find all Vegas Pro projects on your computer.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:04 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds