VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 14 (Now Magix)

• BobH
  • BobH's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 23

Vegas Pro 14 (Now Magix) was created by BobH

Posted 20 Feb 2017 00:17 #1
Hi all,
I have just watched Derek's latest video about using masks for colour correction, and I see he is using VP 14. I currently run VP13 but I have VP14 also. When I installed this the NewBlue FX Titler Pro Express/Looks screwed up my system so I eventually uninstalled this and reverted to VP13. Since then I have purchased NewBlue Titler Pro 5 and use it with VP13. My question is whether it is now better to install VP14 again without the Titler Pro Express/Looks. Is there any real advantage for VP14 over VP13? Since my last install I note there has been updates to VP14 which may have improved the functionality.

Just to add here that Titler Pro 5 has a bit of a learning curve, so if anyone has links to useful tutorial it would be helpful. Perhaps Derek will do a tutorial in due course.

Thanks to all

BobH
by BobH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 (Now Magix)

Posted 20 Feb 2017 13:29 #2
Hi Bob

All the original build versions for NewBlueFX & Titler that came with Vegas Pro 14 versions were completely non-functional.
NewBlueFX worked on this problem and released new build versions for Vegas Pro 14 users here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/newblue-titler-pro-in-vegas-pro-14-updated-information--105034/

If you now own NB Titler Pro 5, you do not want to re-install Titler Pro Express/Looks - this is a massive downgrade.
The latest build version of VP14 is a lot different to the original release - it contains a large amount of bug fixes and some additional functions.

I have posted links to all the release notes here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/578-review-vegas-pro-14#a12

Download build version #211 from here:
rdir.magix.net/?page=PNSWSBOEO7BJ

Because I already owned Titler Pro 3, New Blue gave me a free upgrade to the version of Titler Pro 3 that comes with VP14 Suite.
TP3 for VP14 is similar in layout to TP5, so I understand how confusing it is.
I will be upgrading to TP5 in the next week, before my upgrade credits with NewBlue expire.
Once I get my head above water, I will definitely be making a Titler Pro 5 tutorial.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 is being released this week, so I will be busy with that for a week or so.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Feb 2017 13:29 by DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by BobH on topic Vegas Pro 14 (Now Magix)

Posted 20 Feb 2017 22:37 #3
Once again thank you Derek for your prompt reply. The details and links are most helpful, so I will have a browse and a read and then probably try to install VP14 again. I am in the middle of a project with VP13 so I will finish that first. I look forward to your tutorial on Titler Pro 5 when it arrives. I look at this website regularly as it is so informative and helpful.

Very best wishes
BobH
by BobH
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 21 Feb 2017 00:58 #4
Hi again, not planning on installing VP14 again until my present project with VP13 is finished (a month or two). When I do will my recently purchased Titler Pro 5 work unchanged with VP13 and VP14 or will I need to download and install a new version specifically for VP14?

Regards
BobH
by BobH

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 14 (Now Magix)

Posted 21 Feb 2017 01:05 #5

When I do will my recently purchased Titler Pro 5 work unchanged with VP13 and VP14 or will I need to download and install a new version specifically for VP14?

You don't have to install anything special from NewBlueFX for TP5 to work in other programs.
Titler Pro 5 has got it's shit together and works in all programs.

I literally just bought TP5 one hour ago and it is working beautifully in VP13, VP14 and also Movie Studio Platinum 12, 13 & 14 !
I am a very happy camper with this version - it's got a lot of cool extra stuff I was not expecting.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• BobH
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 21 Feb 2017 02:52 #6
Hi again Derek and thank you again for the information. Yes TP5 has lots of features and I hope to get my head around it in time. Glad you are a happy camper.

BobH
by BobH

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.235 seconds