VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Reinstall updates

Reinstall updates was created by Viktor33

Posted 31 May 2014 23:15 #1
I downloaded the 770 update again to do a fresh reinstall of it, however, it says I have to uninstall the last version/update. Any ideas on how to uninstall the last update?

vik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Reinstall updates

Posted 01 Jun 2014 01:04 #2
What exactly are you talking about ?
Which program and which version are you referring to ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Viktor33 on topic Reinstall updates

Posted 01 Jun 2014 20:25 #3
Sorry about that. I have Vegas Pro 12. Months ago I updated it with the 770 patch (the last official patch for it) and I've been having a lot of small issues with it. So i decided to DL the patch again from the Sony site to see if reinstalling the patch might help clear up some issues. when i tried to reinstalling it, i got an error message saying I had to unistall the last version to do so.

viktor

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Reinstall updates

Posted 01 Jun 2014 23:23 #4
Hi Viktor

All Updates from Sony are not patches - they are fully functioning versions of the program.
Normally when you install a new Build Version, it simply installs directly over the current (older) version. It is NOT normal that you would have to un-install Vegas first.
You cannot install the same Build Version of Vegas over the top of the same Build Version, without un-installing the program first. So if you have Build 770 installed, you cannot install Build 770 again. That does not compute !
So if this is what is happeining, then that is normal behaviour.
You can ONLY install a newer version over the top of an older version.
If you want to install Build 770 again, you MUST un-install it first.

If ever Sony Vegas Pro starts doing strange things out of the blue, the best thing to do is a reset of the program which will clean the Vegas Cache and restore all settings to default values.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

If none of what I have spoken about above fixes your problem, you will need to do a clean install of Vegas Pro.
If you would like instructions, let me know and I will post them.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Jun 2014 12:57 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds