VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Importing audio tracks 3 & 4 from A7s/Shogun?

Importing audio tracks 3 & 4 from A7s/Shogun? was created by HarryLlama

Posted 13 Mar 2017 04:59 #1
Hello, Vegasaurs!
I use the Sony A7s and Atomos Shogun for my wide shot when filming stage productions. Unfortunately, the audio gets put on tracks 3 & 4 - 1 & 2 are blank. But Vegas doesn't appear to see tracks 3 & 4 when I bring in the media. Any setting I'm missing?
Thanks for your help,
Harry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Importing audio tracks 3 & 4 from A7s/Shogun?

Posted 19 Mar 2017 03:08 #2
Hi Harry,

How are you getting the audio into the Shogun? Is it coming from the video feed of the A7s via HDMI or are you feeding it through an audio recorder? I don't have a Shogun handy (or A7s), but I do have a Samurai and Ninja Flame, which all record in similar fashion. I'm sure you have checked to assure that channels 1 & 2 in the Shogun are live. Is your A7s sending stereo or 4 channel to the Shogun? Does the A7s send 5.1 Dolby?
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by HarryLlama on topic Importing audio tracks 3 & 4 from A7s/Shogun?

Posted 19 Mar 2017 03:44 #3
Hi, George. I'm using the HDMI cable. This is a known issue with the A7s (the original), although I can't find the link describing it. I'm just curious how people get tracks 3 & 4 to show.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Importing audio tracks 3 & 4 from A7s/Shogun?

Posted 19 Mar 2017 10:52 #4
Hi Harry,

How are you overcoming this now? Transcode/convert the tracks/channels? Did you have any luck with the workaround Set provided in your thread at Magix by deleting the mxhevcplug folder? Out of curiosity what version of Vegas are you using? You sound like an advanced user, so I seriously doubt I can come up with anything you and others haven't already considered. Do you have a short test clip directly from the Shogun I can download. Are you recording ProRes or DNxHD, HD or 4K, just curious?
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 18:25 by Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.912 seconds