VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro specs

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Vegas Pro specs was created by pioneer

Posted 23 Mar 2017 06:30 #1
Good evening to all. If I consider upgrading to Vegas Pro 14 will my NVidia GPU be powerful enough to use the program? The specs for the program are....... ....a CUDA-enabled graphics card and driver 270.xx or later. GeForce GPUs: GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 297.03 later).
The Nvidia GPU on my laptop is a Geforce 940M with 384 cuda cores, sadly I am not to technical to answer all the other requirements and hoping that somebody on here may be able to guide and assist me before I commit myself.
I can use Movie studio platinum 12 and 14 on my laptop with no problems. Along with the NewBlue Titler pro express. John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 18:44 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Vegas Pro specs

Posted 23 Mar 2017 06:41 #2
Hi John,

Vegas pro should run on your laptop, but how well will depend on your source media and how you intend to render. Fortunately there is an easy way, and best way in my opinion, for you to determine this first hand. That is, download the free trial, install and test it on your own projects. Like yourself I like to ask others their opinions, but most often this is balanced by run trial version of software on my own system and source media. And, as always, I would place a restore point just before installation, so if anything goes wrong, you can restore your system.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:23 Mar 2017 06:43 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, pioneer

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Vegas Pro specs

Posted 24 Mar 2017 01:39 #3
Hello John, I'm curious as to what make and model laptop you are using. I am needing to upgrade from my Fujitsu Lifebook 5100 pen based laptop to something that I also can run Vegas Pro on. My Dell workstation is fine but I would like to have something portable as well and I'm not sure what model I should be looking at.
Mike
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic Vegas Pro specs

Posted 24 Mar 2017 02:52 #4
My laptop is an HP Envy Intel I7-6500u 12gb ram HDD 915gb along with a Nvidia GeForce 940M. Had it now just over a year and still very pleased with the performance. John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.876 seconds