VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Need help with rendering!

Need help with rendering! was created by Wrench117

Posted 05 Jun 2014 22:10 #1
Hello everybody I have been using Sony Vegas Pro for a wile now and need a little help.

I made a video to explain what I need help with and ignore the name troythetech
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:45 by Wrench117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Need help with rendering!

Posted 06 Jun 2014 01:07 #2
Hi Wrench

You are doing everything correctly from what I can see. The only area that I think you should change is your Bit Rate settings. The default 24Mbps High and 12Mbps Average would be far better settings for you to use. The more fast movement you have in a video, the higher the Bit Rate needs to be. Because of the nature of your videos, you should definitely be using higher bit rates. Start with what I suggested. Maybe experiment and go even a little bit higher after your first test.

If your video was of a still image, this is when the Bit Rate can be set much lower.

Disabling Resample is a BIG one and you have that set correctly.

I was a bit scared when I saw you open Sharpening - many people abuse this setting and have it set ridiculously high. I am not sure of the technicalities of how Vegas handles this if you add it and set it to Zero. If you are using a zero setting, I would be tempted to remove it all together.

There is one thing I noticed during your video that concerns me, which is a very common problem. It looked like you have K-Lite Codec pack installed. You should un-install this immediately ! K-Lite replaces the good quality Video Codecs that come with Vegas Pro. So every time you render, Vegas is being forced to use inferior codecs to do the encoding. K-Lite is also known to cause general problems with Vegas Pro and Movie Studio. If you actually bought the program, this is what you are paying for - Premium Codecs.

Number of Slices does not effect quality. I always leave this at the default value.
Last post in this thread explains what it means.
www.sonycreativesoftware.com/Forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=870034&Replies=6

Setting the De-Blocking Filter to ON, is meant to help when you are rendering video that has large flat sections of uniform colour - the Sky for example. Areas like this are prone to look blocky and pixelated. This setting is meant to reduce it.

Number of Reference Frames is also best left at default value. Here is what Sony says in the Help File:
Type a value in the box to specify the number of frames that will be used to find correlations between frames for performing compression.
Higher values allow the encoder to perform better compression, but require more work for the encoder and more buffering by the decoder.
Some applications (especially hardware devices) have limited buffering capabilities and cannot decode video with a large number of reference frames.

Turning ON Two Pass renders the entire project twice - also takes twice as long.
This is meant to do a better quality render, however every time I use this I barely notice any difference. I think subject matter has a big influence on whether you see a slight improvement. It is worth experimenting with this setting.

In summing up I go back to my first and No.1 comment. Using a higher Bit Rate setting is your number one weapon of choice.

Regards
Derek :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Jun 2014 12:56 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wrench117

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.754 seconds