VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved getting Apple videos to work on Vegas

• cgross
  • cgross's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

getting Apple videos to work on Vegas was created by cgross

Posted 01 May 2017 22:13 #1
I just loaded Vegas pro 14 into my new HP work station and am having trouble getting it to run Apple videos as .MOV. My older version of Vegas 11 on my 32 bit machine worked. I assume this is because my old computer has quick time which does not work on my new windows machine.

I tried down loading VCL media play which can play the Apple videos but is seems to be no help to Vegas. I also downloaded XD Calibrated Q XD code but it was also no help.

I desperately need some suggestions because the videos I get to edit from my studio are in the .MOV format. I hope there is a solution because other wise my brand new computer and software is seriously deficient.
Last Edit:01 May 2017 23:12 by cgross

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Getting Apple videos to work on Vegas

Posted 01 May 2017 23:17 #2
Hi CGCROSS and welcome to the forum.

I am on Windows 10 and also use Vegas Pro 14.
The latest version of Apple Quicktime no longer works in Windows 10, but you can still install an older version which does work.
Technically speaking, you shouldn't need to install QT for Vegas Pro 14, however I recommend you install Quicktime 7.6 and see if that will get your videos working again.

Read this FAQ and download QT 7.6 from the link in article.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/525-install-older-version-apple-quicktime-movie-studio-vegas-pro

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 May 2017 23:18 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic getting Apple videos to work on Vegas

Posted 02 May 2017 11:00 #3
Hi CGROSS,

Make sure you use the link for the version of QuickTime the Good Doctor prescribed. Don't let Windows try to install the newer version! During my testing with an RX 480 graphics card, possibly during a driver update, or one of the monitoring programs I was using, put a "hitch in the giddy-up" of my QuickTime version 7.7.9, that was working. Next thing I knew, working on a project for my daughter, I couldn't play any .mov files from my Canon 80D or T5i, that worked only a few days ago. After some kicking and screaming, luckily no monitors broken, a good hot cup of coffee, I removed version 7.7.9, came back to the Doc's forum, and found in a search, the link for the older version. Install, work on project, another cup of joe, and the grumpy Irishman is swinging the shillelagh at his brothers again! :)

Happy Editing!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six, cgross

• cgross
  • cgross's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by cgross on topic getting Apple videos to work on Vegas

Posted 02 May 2017 12:28 #4
Thanks, greatly appreciate your help
Last Edit:04 May 2017 16:25 by cgross

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds