VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved What went wrong here?

• Helena S
  • Helena S's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Sony Vegas Pro user
  • Thank you received: 2

What went wrong here? was created by Helena S

Posted 07 Jun 2014 17:43 #1
Hi Derek!

Just came home from i trip to Turkey. Made a short clip from a place. Just added them, made some fades. No effects at all. Then I followed your instructions from render tutorial. When I look at home i windows media player everything looks great. But on youtube it doesn´t look good.
I have tried with higher bit rate but it´s the same. Any idea what went wrong?
Best way to get rid of a temptation is to fall for it.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:44 by Helena S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by TreeTops on topic What went wrong here?

Posted 08 Jun 2014 12:23 #2
I get a "This video is private." message so if you want help you have to give us a password.

• Helena S
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Sony Vegas Pro user

Replied by Helena S on topic What went wrong here?

Posted 08 Jun 2014 15:33 #3
Oh yes I see that now. I have changes settings so you should be able to see it now. Look especially at the green bushes and trees. There are pixels all over the place.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic What went wrong here?

Posted 09 Jun 2014 00:24 #4
That looks terrible.

Which template did you use to render with ?
Mainconcept AVC/AAC Internet 1080p would be the normal one to use.

Are you saying that the finished rendered video from Vegas looks OK when viewed in Windows Media Player ?
OR
Are you saying that the original video direct from the camera looks OK in Windows Media Player ?

What Frame Rate did you record to with your camera ?
What Bit Rate did you record to with your camera ?
Did you use a Video Camera or DSLR Camera ?

The video on YouTube is saying that it is running at 30 frames per second.
I would have guessed that since you live in Sweden, your camera would record to 25 fps or 50 fps.
If this is true, make sure to change the Frame Rate setting in the Video tab settings for Internet 1080p template to match your original video from camera.

Did you render to the default 24Mbps High and 12Mbps Average bit rates ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Helena S
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Sony Vegas Pro user

Posted 09 Jun 2014 09:14 #5
Hi Derek!

I have now uploaded the same film on Vimeo and changed settings to 1080 p and that made a lot of different.

I have used a shaky video camera (sony) with frame rate 50 i. Rec mode is set on High quality FH. Other settings is Auto.
Sony Vegas pro settings is as always "match settings". 25 000 PAL and resolution render quality to best.

I render , mainconcept AVC/AAC - internet HD 1080 P - customized - frame rate 29 970 NTSC and changed bit rate to max 50 00 00 00, average 28 00 00 00.

The film look good in media player boath in Raw and after editing in Vegas.

Here is the same film but from Vimeo:

vimeo.com/97674355

Posted 09 Jun 2014 13:03 #6
So when you render a 1080p video for YouTube or Vimeo, you need to make sure the FRAME RATE is set to 25 fps, not 29.97 fps.
I think this is what has caused the problems.
You have forced Vegas to create an extra 4.97 frames per second that were never there in the first place.
Matching the Media Settings is great, but it does not set the Render As settings automatically for you.
Re-render to 25fps and you then you could probably bring the Bit Rate back down to the Default values of 24/12Mbps.

Also make sure to always Disable Re-Sampling in all your videos.
Right-click videos on timeline and go to Switches - Disable Re-Sample.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Jun 2014 13:05 by DoctorZen

• Helena S
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Sony Vegas Pro user

Posted 09 Jun 2014 21:53 #7
I did what you described and uploaded the film again. Youtube has no option to change video file settings as Vimeo has. Vimeo also automatic sets all films to 720 P. The film looked bad on Vimeo too at first, but after changing to 1080 P it turned better.

The new film from youtube you can see here. Don´t know if you see any improvement.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:43 by Helena S

Posted 10 Jun 2014 00:12 #8
Hi again Helena

Sorry, but I am out of ideas.
I don't know why you are experiencing this problem.
I have never seen video uploaded to YouTube look so bad.

If the video coming out of Vegas looks OK, then it definitely is a YouTube problem.
The only place left to pursue this is on the YouTube Support Forum. :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helena S

• Helena S
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Sony Vegas Pro user

Posted 10 Jun 2014 20:10 #9
Hi Derek!

Well I have been sitting here most of the night and try and solve the problem. ( I can be very stubborn sometimes) I made the hole film all over again and tried different render settings. Most of the time it looked worst. This last version I render with Sony AVC/MVC mp4 and choose AVCHD
1920x1080 50 i. You can see the result here. It looks better or? When I look at film on youtube I change to 1080 HD.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:44 by Helena S

Posted 11 Jun 2014 17:42 #10
There is nothing wrong with your render settings in Vegas.
The Mainconcept AVC/AAC .mp4 Internet Templates are perfectly OK in Vegas Pro.

The problem is that YouTube re-renders and does further compression on every single video that is Uploaded.
Shaky hand held video footage of leaves and plants is about the worst kind of video to encode, because every single pixel is different on every single frame of video.
There are 1920x1080 = 2073600 pixels in every single frame = huge amount of data.
The algorithim that Mainconcept uses (and every other Video Codec that compresses), is trying to cut down the amount of data that needs to be encoded for each video frame.
When it is presented with fast movement like in your video, it ends up becoming pixelated because it is trying to reduce the data into blocks.
Obviously, the compression that YouTube is using, is too aggressive for your video.
There is nothing more you can possibly do, other than use a service like Vimeo instead.

If your video had been made with a tripod or "steady cam", you probably would not be seeing this problem with YouTube.
YouTube is continually doing experiments with segments of the YouTube Community.
The public is never told about these in-house experiments.
Quite possibly, your uploads may be are part of a test group that is using a new compression type, so they can fit more video onto their servers.

That truly is end of what I have to say about this.

Derek :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helena S

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.810 seconds