VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved After windows 10 crash my vegas pro 13 production assistant no longer loads

Following a recent lock down in windows 10 which resulted in it rebooting itself, I can no longer access the production assistant screens in my vegas pro 13 (build 453) 64 bit. When I load vegas pro 13, it pops up window stating:-

Vegas Pro Production Assistant Error
The following error has been encountered:
Root element is missing

It has possibly been corrupted due to crash - can anyone help me resolve this situation.
Many thanks in anticipation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Have you tried re-installing the Vegas Production Assistant ?
Have you tried resetting Vegas Pro to factory defaults ?
Have you tried re-installing Vegas Pro ?

If your computer has recently upgraded to the new Windows 10 Creator's Build, you will need to do a clean install of the Nvidia Graphics Card Driver, if you use an Nvidia graphics card.

Un-install Nvidia Driver and then re-install.
I recommend downloading a fresh copy of Nvidia Driver before you un-install, so you have it ready.
This probably has nothing to do with your problem now, but I thought I should mention it, because everyone I know who has installed the Windows 10 Creator's Build, has experienced problems with Vegas after the upgrade. Nvidia Drivers are what the problem is.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:06 Jun 2017 17:30 by DoctorZen

Hi Derek
The whole system was fully Pre-installed for me a number of years ago and it has been superb until recently when Windows 10 started randomly rebooting itself with an unrecoverable error. The company which did installation has since gone bust. I will probably have the original master disks somewhere in a safe place (never to be found again) but I was hoping that it would be a quick delete of a file of edit to overcome the problem. Windows has been pestering me this week to upgrade to creator but I have resisted temptation so far, so it can't be that. As I desperately need the functionality for my work, it looks like I may have to do a complete re-install however vers 13 seems to be old news now and Magic just tries to sell me ver 14 for a lot of extra cash.
Thank you again for your quick reply and help Derek.
Regards
Paul

The first thing I recommend you do, is back up any important data that is on the same Hard Drive/SSD your Operating System is installed on.

I also recommend you install the Windows 10 Creators Update, because that may fix your problem, since the update is basically re-installing Windows for you.

If the problem still exists after upgrading, then you need to do a Clean Install of Windows 10.
I assume from what you have said, that Windows 10 came pre-installed on the computer and was not upgraded from W7 or W8.1.
Download the latest version of Windows 10 from Microsoft and save to DVD or USB Drive.
You also need to locate the Activation Serial Number for Windows 10, however you may not need to use it. This is something to investigate before beginning a clean install. I know that anyone who upgraded from W7/8.1 to W10, does not need an activation key after doing a clean install, because Microsoft has all those computers on a Database and knows that W10 has already been activated. I would assume the same would be true for your situation, but I cannot confirm this.

I have tutorials on how to do a clean install if you don't know how to do this.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Hi Derek
I have installed Windows 10 Creator Update but unfortunately the problem still exists.

When I first purchased my system, it was pre-loaded with Windows 7, Vegas Pro 13 and Production Assistant 2 (so I don't have the original master disks for this software however I do have the serial numbers for each one).

I got up one morning to discover Windows had automatically updated my system to Windows 10 without my consent so now I am stuck with it. When I googled this, it seemed to have happened to a lot of people.

The problem I have is that if I need to do a clean install of windows 10, I don't have the original masters for vegas pro 13 and production assistant 2. When I go onto www.sonycreativesoftware.com where I used to get all my latest updates for vegas pro 13, I now get redirected to www.vegascreativesoftware.com and given the hard sell for vegas pro 14 which I cannot afford to shell out $399 especially as I was quite happy with vegas pro 13.

Is there any website I can still download both vegas pros 13 and Production Assistant 2 software. I have all my serial numbers which proves I actually purchased them as opposed to trial versions.

Hope you can help.
Many thanks
Paul

Cheersbigears wrote: Is there any website I can still download both vegas pros 13 and Production Assistant 2 software. I have all my serial numbers which proves I actually purchased them as opposed to trial versions.Hope you can help.

See if vegasproassist_2.0.9.exe on download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/ is the one you want for Production Assistant 2.
As for downloading Sony Vegas Pro 13, see here . As it says, be sure to log into your old Sony Creative Software account first.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I 100% recommend you do a complete clean install of Windows 10, after you have secured all the files you need to re-install.

Because your computer has been upgraded from W7 to W10, your computer's unique hardware configuration would have been logged with the Microsoft W10 Activation Servers. This means you do not have to worry about entering a Windows 10 Activation Code - your computer will be automatically recognised and re-activated once you complete the clean install of W10.

Follow my tutorials and everything will go OK.
It is a BIG job, but worth it in the long run.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/548-how-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-10
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/computers-and-video-editing/575-restoring-drivers-apps-windows-10

Many thanks Derek - I seem to have exhausted every other alternative without success. It is a big job but I cannot see any other way. I am busy at moment backing everything up and collecting serial numbers and activation keys. Once that's all done I will follow your tutorials and hopefully get back to a position I started from but without the error. Thank you again Derek for all the time you have took to help me.

One quick question- has VASST render assistant replaced part of production assistant 2 and if so is there any way you can batch input multiple files in same way production assistant 2 lets me do.

I don't use any Vasst products, so you will have to ask someone that does.
Someone else on the forum here may be able to help or you could ask on the official Vegas Pro Forums.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.907 seconds