VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Washed out - contrast?

• Russ
  • Russ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Washed out - contrast? was created by Russ

Posted 01 Jul 2017 04:07 #1
The man on the left is washed out. I've tried contrast, color corrector, and levels. I have been unable to bring the man out of the wash.

Last Edit:01 Jul 2017 10:46 by Russ
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Washed out - contrast?

Posted 01 Jul 2017 10:54 #2
The video signal on the left guy, has clipped badly, which means you cannot recover any usable data.
This means that all the pixels that look white "blown out" have been recorded on the cameras sensor at maximum brightness values of 255.
There is nothing left below 255 to bring the image brightness back down - you can't make pure white look different colours/brightness values after the event.

The only way to fix this was on the day it got recorded. Next time adjust your camera settings (ISO and aperture) before you begin recording, if you were the camera operator.
Obviously the spot light was focused on this guy, instead of being a wider beam.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Jul 2017 10:55 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russ

• Russ
  • Russ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Russ on topic Washed out - contrast?

Posted 01 Jul 2017 15:46 #3
Thank you, Derek.

P.S. I'm not the videographer on this one. Thank God. :)
Last Edit:01 Jul 2017 16:38 by Russ

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.815 seconds