VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to insert new media

How to insert new media was created by MrGrunthunter

Posted 10 Jul 2017 02:56 #1
I've kind of painted myself into a little box that I don't know how to easily get out of. I had 4 cameras set up recording some fireworks at a camp 4th of July picnic. I am using the latest version of Vegas Pro. I tried the multi-camera editing feature but it seemed to bog my computer down and I wasn't getting a quick enough response to reliably edit the videos. I ended up going back to the 4 separate tracks and adding composite level envelopes on the top 3 video tracks to control the final video from the 4 tracks. Now I have been given some photos that I want to include in the beginning before the video starts. When I slide all of the tracks to the right to be able to insert the photos I can get all of the tracks to move together but the composite level envelopes remain stationary. I have a LOT of editing with the composite envelope that I really don't want to have to go back to redo.

My question is: Is there a way to get all of my 'envelopes' to move with the video tracks so I can insert the sunset photos I want to add in front of the video?
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to insert new media

Posted 10 Jul 2017 04:56 #2
Hi MrGrunthunter,

I don't have the latest Vegas Pro and do not use the multi-cam feature, so not trying to confuse the issue, but does 'auto-ripple' help at all?
Best Regards......George

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic How to insert new media

Posted 10 Jul 2017 05:23 #3
Naw, I already have it turned on. I think the only way I'm going to be able to get around this is to render everything as is and then load the rendered file back into Vegas Pro and cut that track, insert my photos, and then render it again. I was hoping I was missing something and could work with the original project.
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3

GTX-1070

Replied by vkmast on topic How to insert new media

Posted 10 Jul 2017 05:27 #4
Try and Lock Envelopes to Events and then as George says, turn Auto Ripple / All Tracks... on before you slide. Turn Auto Ripple off before you proceed with photos and working with envelopes in the photo section on the timeline.

by vkmast
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, MrGrunthunter, Eagle Six

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic How to insert new media

Posted 10 Jul 2017 06:09 #5
Ah Ha ... I never noticed that other button next to the 'Auto Ripple' button. That did the trick. Thank you so much. I was trying the different selections within the Auto Ripple command without any success and actually am a little confused as to the difference between "Affected Tracks, Bus Tracks, Markers and Regions" and "All Tracks, Markers and Regions" and why you would need to choose between them.
Anyway, your reply, and solutions, to my dilemma, is greatly appreciated. You have saved me a possible ton of rework. :-)

GTX-1070
Last Edit:10 Jul 2017 12:51 by MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.184 seconds