VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to delete a segment of video without re-rendering?

How to delete a segment of video without re-rendering? was created by Eagle eye.

Posted 30 Jul 2017 09:30 #1
I have recently rendered a long video but for some reason I created two segments to the title. I just want to remove about one segment of 5 seconds from the timeline. However I can't just save it, without re-rendering the whole thing it appears. I would just like to know please if there is an alternate method?
Last Edit:01 Aug 2017 13:42 by Eagle eye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to delete a segment of video without re-rendering?

Posted 30 Jul 2017 12:08 #2
If you want to change something in your project, you must re-render it.
There is no alternate way to do this, otherwise we would all be using that alternate method.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle eye., Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to delete a segment of video without re-rendering?

Posted 30 Jul 2017 23:53 #3
Hi Eagleeye,

Although you cannot do this within Movie Studio or Vegas Pro, you may be able to accomplish it using Avidemux (free download) program which will cut and save without rendering. Here is a link to a 'How-To'......

www.howtogeek.com/howto/42107/how-to-quickly-cut-a-clip-from-a-video-file-with-avidemux/
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:01 Aug 2017 13:42 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle eye.

Replied by Eagle eye. on topic How to delete a segment of video without re-rendering?

Posted 01 Aug 2017 17:37 #4
Thanks 'Eagle Six' I will certainly try it out. Could be just the tool to add to my armoury, cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.766 seconds