VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Final volume control

Final volume control was created by MrGrunthunter

Posted 28 Aug 2017 13:26 #1
Derek,
What actually controls the final output volume, the Vol db adjustment on the audio track or the Master controls on the right side of the screen? I don't know if it's me or YouTube but with some of my videos I really have to crank up the volume on our TV when viewing and sometimes on others it's just fine. I can't seem to be consistent with it.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:28 Aug 2017 13:43 by MrGrunthunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Final volume control

Posted 28 Aug 2017 13:59 #2
Track Audio Volume sliders effect only what is on that track.
Master Audio Slider effects everything in the project.

Double-click Master Audio Slider to return to default neutral setting.

Before you render any project, play through and keep an eye on the Master Audio Output Meters.
Everyone will have their own personal preferences for what dB level is best.
Somewhere along my journey, I was taught that -12dB to -6dB is a pretty good "top" level and not to go above that too much, if at all.

If you're experiencing uneven audio on YouTube, I cannot explain that.

When playing back via a PC, there are THREE possible audio volume controls to be aware of:
1. Audio volume knob on your physical speakers or monitor.
2. Audio volume slider in bottom right Windows Taskbar.
3. Audio volume slider in YouTube player window.

If you are using a YouTube app on a Smart TV, that could explain weird results.
There are literally 100's (if not more) different model/brands of Smart TVs and they could all be using different Build versions of the YouTube app. Normally your TV manufacturer pushes through updates to the TV and all installed apps, via WiFi into your homes modem. If you look through the Settings Menu for your TV, you will find a Software Update button, which will check for updates. My Samsung 4k TV, normally pushes through updates every couple of months and when this happens, many apps often get updated like YouTube. I have seen some apps not behave properly, but YT is normally one of the best.

if playing back via a phone or tablet, check the volume slider.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Aug 2017 15:38 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic Final volume control

Posted 28 Aug 2017 14:34 #3
Thanks Derek, That explains quite a bit and I hadn't heard about the -12dB to -6dB 'rule of thumb' and will keep an eye on that.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:06 Oct 2017 10:19 by MrGrunthunter

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.334 seconds