VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Issues with Vegas Pro 15 - hanging and importing iPhone footage

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13
I recently purchased Vegas Pro 15. The program certainly looks good and when it works it works well. BUT, the problem I have is that the program keeps hanging – it doesn’t crash and there is no error – it just becomes unresponsive (“Vegas Pro is not responding”). You then have to close the program and re-open it. This is very annoying as if you don’t save the project just before it becomes unresponsive you have to make the edits again(or at least from the point when autosave hadn't saved – and the auto save doesn’t save all the work. I have never had this problem with Vegas Pro 14.

The other issue is that the blurb about the program says that it will import video from iPhones ("iPhone/iPad footage now opens correctly (without requiring Quicktime)". My version certainly won't open iPhone/iPad footage. If I try to import iPhone footage I get a message to say "An error occurred. The reason for the error could not be determined". So ghis feature clearly does not work - unless there is some special setting that you have to tweak.

Has anyone else encountered these problems?
Last Edit:11 Sep 2017 17:29 by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi ilyk49

I suggest you post your problem on the official Vegas Pro Forum.
There are many knowledgeable people on this forum, that are better suited for questions about VP15.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

I have been reading as many posts on the official Vegas Forums as possible and the users there have already identified many bugs with VP15.
The guys there will probably have some suggestions for you.

I have not experienced the problem you are describing, with VP15 on Windows 10.
So there must be something specific about your computer or the type of files you are working with, that is causing this problem.

I can offer two suggestions:
1. Make sure your Graphics Card Drivers are up to date!
Now that VP15 can actually use all modern Nvidia GPUs, it is important to keep this up to date.

2. Most people's problems with VP15, is being caused by the new Decoder so4compoundplug.dll that handles AVC files.
I suspect this may be your problem.
Nick has posted this suggestion, which may help you out.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/new-avc-issues-in-vp15-try-disabling-so4compoundplug-dll--108345/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Sep 2017 11:42 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, ilyk49

Hi ilyk49

I seldom use the video from my iPad, but shot a short test and imported it into MVP15 without any issue, both with Quicktime and without. Did some editing, added some transitions, made some color correction and it worked flawlessly. Media was Apple 1920x1080, 29.970 progressive MOV. I'm using Window 7, Intel chip, AMD gpu.

Do you get the hangups with short clips or does it take a lot of editing before they occur?
Best Regards......George

• ilyk49
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Issues with Vegas Pro 15 - hanging and importing iPhone footage

Posted 11 Sep 2017 09:09 #4
Hi George The clips I've been trying to import are from an iPhone 6. The properties shows it is 1920x1080, 16296kbps, 29frames/second, Quick Time movie.
I've only used VP15 on short clips so far (no more than 4 mins) - so it has been hanging on these. However, yesterday I took up a suggestion from Nick Hope on the Vegas Pro Forum to remove the S04CompoundReader for AVC/M2TS decoder - and the handing seems to have stopped.

This decoder maybe what is needed to import mov files. But I was having the same problem with mov files before I removed the decoder.
by ilyk49

Just for clarification ilyk49,

You have disabled the S04Compound plugin and have Quicktime installed and functional. Is this correct?

BTW: the source files from my iPad Mini 4 are very similar to your iPhone, the kbps is just slightly lower at 15.7 MB/s.
Best Regards......George

• ilyk49
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Issues with Vegas Pro 15 - hanging and importing iPhone footage

Posted 11 Sep 2017 11:06 #6
George I did have QT installed - BUT - when I tried to open it I kept getting a message to say "Please install Apple Application Support". So QT was certainly not functional. However, I couldn't find anywhere where I could install Apple Application Support. A few moments ago I came across a website that had a special link for downloading QT 7.7.8 for Windows 10. I downloaded it from that site and it has the Apple Application Support with it as well. I then went back to VP15 and tried to import my iPhone videos - and voila - it works. So that problem is now solved. Thanks for the prompt to check QT.
Regards

Peter
by ilyk49
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.850 seconds