VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem was created by CeeDee

Posted 09 Oct 2017 20:24 #1
I run Vegas Pro 13 with New Blue Titler 5, a combination, which up until recently has worked pretty well with no issues. However, for some reason Titler Pro has ‘lost’ some of its code and will not run : see attached file for the error message.

I removed Vegas Pro and registry entries and reinstalled it - no improvement
I have removed NB Titler Pro and reinstalled it - no improvement
I have removed TP 5 and all registry entries and reinstalled from TP 2 through to TP 5 – no improvement.
In all other ways VP13 is working fine.

Now I am absolutely at a loss as to what to try next.
HELP!

Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:09 Oct 2017 23:11 by CeeDee
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

Posted 09 Oct 2017 23:14 #2
For anyone else on the forum that reads this, I asked CeeDee to post this on the forum, after he sent me a private message.
I advised that he should send a support request to New Blue FX and then report back when they find a solution that fixes this problem.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:09 Oct 2017 23:15 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeDee

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

Posted 11 Oct 2017 02:16 #3
Well New Blue Support partially cured the problem for this VP project with this fix:

Please delete OFXBridgeB64.dll from C:\Program Files\NewBlueFX\Common.

However, Titler Pro 4 does not work at all now!
TP4 (strangely VP13 refers the FX as ‘Titler Pro 5’ in the plug in window???) now does not load with all its facilities at all. It appears in a very ‘truncated’ appearance with many items missing. Not looking good......
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

Posted 11 Oct 2017 09:39 #4
The way NewBlueFX handles all their different versions of Titler Pro is an absolute nightmare.
When I installed Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite and the New Blue Titler it came with, it totally destroyed all my good and paid for Titler Pro versions.
Long story short, I ended up re-installing Windows 10.
After re-installing all my programs, I only installed Titler Pro 5 after that - since then everything has worked 100% OK.

Lesson I learnt: never install "bonus" crap versions of NewBlueFX products - they will screw everything up.
So if you ever buy an upgrade to Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio and it comes with bonus New Blue products - don't install them!

I can't help with your problem, but would recommend you ditch TP4 and just use TP5 from now on.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by vkmast on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

Posted 11 Oct 2017 21:37 #5
As the good Doc says. Personally, I (like others) had more than my money's worth of trouble with the incompatibilities of Titler Pro 1 and TitlerEx (MSPPS) when VPro and MSP were both installed. I needed to get a new computer in the summer and now I have an older TitlerEx installed (just to get the ancient Starter Pack FX) and FX of course are watermarked in MSP 14. I never use TitlerEx though and I did not have courage to try and install NBFX PlatinumComplete for MSP 14... And now I read that the older TitlerEx (and TP1 which I had instead of TEx earlier only) plugins cause a crash if I install VPro 15, so to now even try that I need to uninstall the old MSPPS package and lose them in my older MSPs. Oh well.
Last Edit:11 Oct 2017 21:38 by vkmast

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 5 problem

Posted 14 Oct 2017 00:18 #6
No response from New Blue at all after the initial one I posted above.... havew they been consumed by the fires in California?????
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 3-4 problem

Posted 15 Oct 2017 20:58 #7
Here is the latest request I have sent NewBlue after not hearing from them for over a week:

"I have now uninstalled VP 13 and all NB titler pro files and registry entries. Reloading VP 13 all works fine with the NLE. As soon as I try to reinstall NB TP3 I get the error on each clip as I have submitted before. However, I now see there are erors appearing in the installation process - see attachments. I have been pleaing for help over the past week and had no response from NewBlue! Are you deserting your customers? Will no one answer or help me? Please can we get this problem sorted! "

I am afraid Derek that in my case at least NewBlue seem to have deserted their customers. Is anyone else having this level of problems with NewBlue?

In case anyone is confused why I originally started the thread with 'TP5' in the title it is because I did not realise that Vegas Pro changes the plug-in's name to 'Titler Pro 5' in the NLE. NewBlue did at least explain that. However, I have uninstalled TP instances and then tried to reinstalled from TP 3...... no luck.
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:16 Oct 2017 00:40 by CeeDee

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 3-4 problem

Posted 16 Oct 2017 13:58 #8

In case anyone is confused why I originally started the thread with 'TP5' in the title it is because I did not realise that Vegas Pro changes the plug-in's name to 'Titler Pro 5' in the NLE.

Now I am even more... confused.

I am not aware of Vegas labelling Titler Pro, Titler Pro 5, because of Vegas. That does not make sense to me, unless you installed another New Blue product recently, like a bonus that comes with Vegas Pro.

If you did upgrade to Vegas Pro 15 Suite, that version comes with Titler Pro 5.
If that is what you have done, that would explain what has happened.

Which versions of Vegas Pro do you own and have installed ?

Here is a story for you...it's a bit of a long story, but will explain what happened to me and were I am now...

As I have explained before, I went through a similar ordeal with New Blue Titler Pro and Vegas.
I had progressed from TP1 to TP2 to TP3 - all were working perfectly OK.
I also had Titler Pro Express from Movie Studio Platinum 13 installed and it was working fine in Movie Studio.
My problem started, when I installed Vegas Movie Studio 14 Suite.
The installer for VMS14 Suite, came with a dumbed down version of Titler Pro EX.
It was this piece of garbage that screwed up my paid versions of Titler Pro - all my presets, Transitions, Video FX, etc... inside of TP3 disappeared.
No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling would fix the problem - it just got worse.
I did speak to New Blue FX Support, but I ended up getting tied up in knots.
Depression and anger set in and I went AWOL for a few weeks, because I was in the middle of making my review for VMS14P, which I then abandoned for months, because I was so pissed off with what had happened. I'm still angry with New Blue, with the way they force everyone to upgrade from each version of Titler Pro, instead of keeping "stand-alone" versions of each Titler - if they did that, no one would ever experience these horrific nightmares!

I then decided to do a complete Clean Install of Windows 10 and re-installed all my programs.
I made sure to never again install "bonus, crap versions of NBFX Titler EX".
Not long after this, I received an email from New Blue, saying that my discount credits were about to expire.
I took the plunge and bought NBFX Total FX 5, which includes everything they make and Titler Pro 5!
It only cost me $465 Australian dollars (US $360) and normally retails for US $1500 (almost $2000 Australian).
I have not regretted making this purchase - in fact it is one of the best software investments I have ever made, because I use this in every project I make.

Buying Total FX 5, meant I get let go of the past and start fresh, without all these complications caused by uprading an upgrade to another upgrade...so on and so forth.

Upgrading to any version of Vegas Pro 15, also gives you Boris FX 3D Objects, which includes a 3D Titling program similar to NBFX Titler Pro.
Last Edit:16 Oct 2017 14:04 by DoctorZen

• CeeDee
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3

Replied by CeeDee on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 3-4 problem

Posted 16 Oct 2017 21:58 #9
Thanks for sharing that experience. Wow, it's not just me having NB problems!
I have now cleaned out all references to TP and reinstalled only NewBlueTitlerPro3-170503 again, VP13 dispays the titles in the project correctly but when I try to create a new title using by dragging the TP fx onto a new video track above the one I am working in, it just doesn't appear. VP13 slows down and hangs while it is obviously searching for missing(?) files and then, nothing..... Sadly, NB don't even get back to me with any suggestions....

Oh, incidentally, now that I have installed NewBlueTitlerPro3-170503, VP13 displays the fx as 'TitlerPro 4' ...... ho hum.....
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VP 13 - Titler Pro 3-4 problem

Posted 16 Oct 2017 23:17 #10
I hate to say it, but your best option may be to do a Clean Install of Windows and then re-install all your programs.

When I was troubleshooting my New Blue Titler problem, I uninstalled and deleted every single NBFX file I could find - that includes entries in the Windows Registry. However there was obviously still hidden files somewhere that were causing major problems. The only way I could guarantee a clean computer, was to do the clean install of Windows. Even though it was a pain and wasted 3 days of my life, I ended up with everything going back to normal.

During the re-install of all my Programs and Plugins like NBFX, I was very careful to keep testing Vegas as I slowly re-installed everything.
I made sure that Windows Restore for my C-Drive was turned ON and that I set a really big "restore cache size" - that way if anything went wrong, I could use Windows Restore and go back in time. I installed programs in batches/groups and kept testing Vegas and NB Titler, to make sure some other program or plugin was not creating new problems. Since doing this, I haven't looked back and my system is now the most stable it has ever been.

If you decide to do a Clean Install of Windows 10 (if you are using Windows 10), wait until the new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is available and install that. Then you will have the newest and stable version of Windows 10 installed, without having to upgrade from the current build version.

www.windowscentral.com/how-get-windows-10-fall-creators-update-anyone-else

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.832 seconds