VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again

Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again was created by electrohead

Posted 25 Oct 2017 09:49 #1
I had a similar question here , and you provided an answer. Now I'm working with another source file that is 16:9, and having trouble setting up the render. The idea is to render with Mainconcept (mp4) matching the dimensions of the original file. Would love some assistance!

Here is MediaInfo info for the file I'm working with.
And here is what Project Video Properties for this project has.

Thank you in advance
Last Edit:25 Oct 2017 14:09 by electrohead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again

Posted 25 Oct 2017 14:09 #2
First make sure you have upgraded to Build Version #216 for Vegas Pro 15.
You will need this version to access the render template below.

Your source file is only Standard Definition video.
To render this type of file for playback on YouTube or your computer, I recommend this format and template in VP15.

Make sure to increase the Bit Rate settings to what I am showing below.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: nemere

Replied by electrohead on topic Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again

Posted 26 Oct 2017 03:11 #3
So I'm a bit confused. MediaInfo tells me the source file is 720x480. In your suggestion you're saying the output video will be 854x480. Wouldn't that make the dimensions bigger, thus degrading the quality of the video?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again

Posted 26 Oct 2017 08:21 #4
Your Source Video (720 x 480) is using Standard Definition Widescreen video format.
This type of video uses a Pixel Aspect Ratio of 1.2121, which is what stretches the image to make it appear 16:9 Widescreen video.
This format is meant for DVDs and showing on TVs only.

If this type of video was uploaded to YouTube, it needs to be converted to a Progressive Style format, using a 1.0 Square Pixel Aspect Ratio.
Every video on YouTube and every video quality on YouTube like 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p, uses a 1.0 Square Pixel Aspect Ratio.
What that means in easy to understand terms, is you have to convert the SD TV/DVD format to 480p computer/web format.
Rendering to the template I have shown you, is the best format for YouTube or play back on your computer.

I know it seems a little confusing, but I am telling you the best solution.

Modern High Definition video cameras, use a 1.0 Square Pixel Aspect Ratio by default.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: electrohead

Replied by electrohead on topic Rendering Setup Question (Vegas Pro 15) - Again

Posted 26 Oct 2017 09:03 #5
Thank you very much! This is great help!
Last Edit:28 Oct 2017 10:43 by electrohead

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.363 seconds