VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Why is Preview Window playback in Vegas 14 fine, but 15 choppy video

Hi all,

New to the forum but known about the site for a long time.

I’m have any issue with Vegas 15. I have been using Vegas 14 and started my project in this but last night purchaed 15. In 14 The video playback is fine but in 15 the video and audio playback is choppy. I’ve check the settings and everything seems the same. I’m using 1080p 100mb MOV files recorded on a GH5. Has anyone else had had this issue. If so do u know how to solve it. Just strange it’s fine in 14 but not 15.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2018 23:22 by Marshall2000_uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Marshall2000_uk

Which version of Vegas are you talking about ?
Vegas Pro or Vegas Movie Studio Platinum ?

If you are using Vegas Pro 15, make sure you have installed the new build version which was released last week.
The latest build version is Vegas Pro 15 #321
To check which version you have installed, open Vegas Pro and go to Help/About
If you have an older build version installed, download #321 from here:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-15-update-4-build-321-general-discussion--110655/

Vegas Pro 15 uses a the new MAGIX AVC decoder/encoder engine, which better utilizes Nvidia Graphics Cards if you have one installed.
Make sure you have your GPU turned ON.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video and check GPU Acceleration.

I have no experience with the GH5.
You will find other GH5 users on the official Vegas Pro Forums.
I recommend you do some basic searches on this forum and see what other GH5 users have been saying.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

I won't say anymore until you report back which build version you have installed.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Hi Derek, thanks for the reply. It’s Vegas Pro 15 (build 321). I have GPU turned on. I just can’t understand how 14 (build 161) plays it fine but 15 doesn’t. It’s really frustrating. Especially since I decided to upgrade aswell and it’s causing me issues. Feels a bit like money wasted.

Thanks for the link to the other forum. I posted there last night.

Have you read the forum post recommended by another user on the official Vegas Pro Forum ?
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/new-avc-xavc-s-issues-in-vp15-try-disabling-so4compoundplug-dll--108345/

I don't have any GH5 test footage, so I have no idea how it would behave on my own computer using Vegas Pro 15.
The general consensus is to disable the so4 compound plugin and go back to using the older Mainconcept decoder/encoder.
It seems that the new MAGIX AVC (so4 compound plugin) is still a work in progress...
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Thanks again Derek. I did read that. A little bit worried about turning it off but 8 may just see if that works. And keep a document handy for putting it back on.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.774 seconds