Solved Renderd video file much higher than source video

• Thank you received: 0

Renderd video file much higher than source video was created by cgross

I am using Vegas Pro 14 to edit video shot a 1920x1080 60p on a Panasonic HC-x900m . When I render I ask for
16 Apr 2018 14:31 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1425

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Renderd video file much higher than source video

Looks like part of your message is missing ???
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
16 Apr 2018 19:17 #2

Replied by cgross on topic Renderd video file much higher than source video

Sorry It was not meant to be posted. I decided I needed to do a bit more research before reaching out to you. However, since it did get posted, I am using Vegas Pro 14 to edit video shot a 1920x1080 60p on a Panasonic HC-x900m camcorder . When I render I ask Vegas to "Match Project Settings." and I get Sony Xvac,(MEXF/MP4) Magic Pro Res (Mov) and Intel HEVC (Mov). My goal here is to store the video on my hard drive and have the completed project in a comparable quality to what I have shot in. I notice that the comparable rendered project choices offered can result in a file that can be many times larger than my raw footage even if I have only added minimal graphics (or no graphics) to it.
My question is, dose the larger file result in a better quality video? (I would think not in this case) and, of these choices is there one you would recommend? I notice with Sony Xvac different choices within this format result in different sized files
16 Apr 2018 21:28 #3

I don't think it is a good idea use the Match Project Settings filter, in the Render As window.
This filter can send you down the wrong path, which is exactly what it has done here.

Intel HVEC is a high compression format, which is more commonly used for 4K video output.
This does produce decent looking video, but the format is not widely supported by all devices and programs yet, which means it will only play back on certain devices and media players.

Magix ProRes is an intermediate format. Never use this for final delivery of project, because the file size will be enormous. ProRes is used during the editing process only, because it is dramatically "less compressed" or more commonly considered a lossless format.

You could use Sony XAVC S Long - this format is near identical to what most Sony cameras output today.
Don't use Sony XAVC Intra - this format works in a similar way to Magix ProRes and is meant for editing only, but not final delivery.

Mainconcept AVC/AAC is still one of the best options in Vegas Pro 14, for final delivery of your video project.
The only thing you will have to do is set the Frame Rate to 59.94 fps, because higher frame rates are not available by default, but can be set manually.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgross
17 Apr 2018 13:26 #4

Replied by cgross on topic Renderd video file much higher than source video

Thank you I looked at Mainconcept AVC/AAC Since this is for disk (IE hard drive) I assume I should choose the Blue Ray 1920x1080 setting. It seems however to 60i rather than 60P. Should I be concerned?

Also do you generally use a variable bit rate or a fixed bit rate?

Thanks again,

Charles Gross
17 Apr 2018 13:41 #5

Don't use Blu-ray - that is for Blu-ray disc only.

Use Internet 1080p and change the Frame Rate to 59.94fps.
That is why I was talking about Frame Rates in my previous message.
Always use Variable Bit Rate - it is more efficient and will give better quality in sections that contain fast moving objects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cgross
17 Apr 2018 15:10 #6

• Thank you received: 243

Replied by ericlnz on topic Renderd video file much higher than source video

Hi Derek I think there's a typo? Don't you mean always use variable bitrate not variable frame rate.
17 Apr 2018 19:11 #7

Hi Derek I think there's a typo? Don't you mean always use variable bitrate not variable frame rate.

Thanks for picking up that typo Eric :wink:
I have fixed the problem.
Yes it should have said Variable Bit Rate and now does.
18 Apr 2018 10:16 #8

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.