VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Installation Order

Installation Order was created by mmcswnavy24

Posted 14 Jun 2018 10:20 #1
Hey everyone,

I am "consolidating" from two computers down to one (new 1950x ThreadRipper), with one machine being "re-built" and set-up for my nephew. Question is: In which installation order would I install Magix Vegas Pro 15 and Magix Movie Studio Platinum Suite 15? I have both, currently on the two different machines, and yes, want to install both; mainly because you can't beat MSP for those quick "down & dirty" edits! I have MSP 14 as well, but will be letting my nephew have that as one of his programs for college. I already know about installing the older versions first, then the newer ones like if I was doing both of the Movie Studio versions, but not sure with the Pro and Movie Studio. Still going to be running Windows 10 64-Bit (1803 Spring Creator's Edition), GTX 1080, 32GB RAM, OS on an Intel 750 PCIe SSD, with other media and assets on other PCIe drives, and additional storage with some Samsung SSD's (Lightroom and Photoshop as well), and all being externally saved on a home-built server. That way, speedy media ingest and workflow. Just wondering thoughts for this installation order.

Thanks everyone! (Oh, and a bit early...but Happy Father's Day!)

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2018 11:45 by mmcswnavy24

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Installation Order

Posted 14 Jun 2018 12:41 #2
Hi Chief

It doesn't matter which order you install the programs, because they are independent of each other.

I'm envious of your new computer!
Once I have the funds together, I am also planning on building a Threadripper machine.
The last time I built a new computer was in 2011.
My Intel 2600k has proved to be an excellent workhorse and has never let me down, but it is time to get a bit more power.

When I am not making tutorials and editing video, I do like to rip some of my Blu-ray discs directly onto a hard drive and/or convert into different formats - I reckon a Threadripper CPU should do a great job of this. I am also planning to set up a home server, to deal with my collection of bursting hard drives.

By time I'm ready to build this new computer, I will probably be using the new Threadripper 2 CPUs.

Cheers :)
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Jun 2018 12:44 by DoctorZen

Replied by mmcswnavy24 on topic Installation Order

Posted 14 Jun 2018 19:00 #3
Thanks Derek!

Knew it would probably be an easy answer (well, for you as usual :) ) Just easier to ask since I have the time, and not being rushed like "I need it now".

Heck, I remember watching your video from that computer build a few times. Still hard to believe you're still rocking that 'Ol Sandy Bridge Processor! I was almost tempted to buy the same case you used (think it was the old Cooler Master C490?), but someone donated a case to me for the build I was doing at the time, so I used that. Mistake there with the case, as it performed its duty inadequately for air flow and cooling the components, so it got changed quickly. Dang, can't even remember brand or model. Ended up going with one of the then model Cooler Master HAF series (either 912 or 922).

Yeah, been waiting for you to update your machine and do a build video from it. About time you got more "in synch" with the rest of your followers. Heh, Heh.

Thanks again!

Mike "The Chief" O'Sullivan
MSI TRX40 Pro Wifi /3960X/128 GB TeamGroup/PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT/Win 10 Pro 64-Bit. VEGAS Pro 18&19 Edit/SoundForge Studio 15/Magix Xara Photo & Graphics Design/(2) Inland 2TB PCIe with OS & Apps, #2 Documents/Music/etc., (2) PNY 4TB EVO PCIe for source footage, Sabrent 2TB PCI-e Scratch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds