VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Real time effects adjustment in Vegas Pro 15

Real time effects adjustment in Vegas Pro 15 was created by Notifier

Posted 29 Jun 2018 02:42 #1
Hi Derek

Have just started using Vegas Pro 15 (build 361). Found when I do any FX adjustments, the adjustment doesn't take effect until I close the effect. This has happened on brightness/contrast, colour curves so far. This didn't happen in Vegas Pro 14.The adjustment happened in real time. This is annoying as it takes longer to do any adjusting. Couldn't find how to rectify this. Can you please point me in the right direction to overcome this issue.

Many Thanks
Last Edit:07 Jul 2018 08:40 by Notifier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 29 Jun 2018 03:53 #2
See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/known-issues-in-the-latest-version-of-vegas-pro--108942/?page=1 > Unofficial known issues, GPU-related issues, 4th point.
Read also at least www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/effects-not-refreshing-on-surfacebook2-w-gtx1060--110278/ and
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/video-fx-not-previewing-effect--110098/
Note the last comment in the latter thread, as it applies to most of the threads there on this topic, unfortunately.
(DoctorZen may want to elaborate on this)
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 29 Jun 2018 03:56 #3
Hi Notifier

This is usually caused by the FX Bypass, click on the split window icon (above the preview window) and see if it then allows live view of your FX changes.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:29 Jun 2018 03:56 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 29 Jun 2018 06:16 #4

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Notifier - This is usually caused by the FX Bypass, click on the split window icon (above the preview window) and see if it then allows live view of your FX changes.

Yes, this was in fact my first suggestion as well, when this issue came up in this thread www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-14-platinum-no-effects-preview--109199/ . It's even marked as the solution which it probably actually quite wasn't. It's a pity that some of the most pertinent comments were later deleted from that thread, but they were in line with what michael-harrison mentions in his comments.
(I think the first relevant MV forum post on the Nvidia driver being the issue was here www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/problem-with-384-notebook-drivers-from-nvidia--107455/ . Most of the other somewhat damaged threads are mentioned in one of my comments in the "effects not refreshing" thread linked above.)
Last Edit:29 Jun 2018 06:35 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 29 Jun 2018 06:40 #5

vkmast wrote:

Eagle Six wrote: Hi Notifier - This is usually caused by the FX Bypass, click on the split window icon (above the preview window) and see if it then allows live view of your FX changes.

Yes, this was in fact my first suggestion as well, when this issue came up in this thread www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-14-platinum-no-effects-preview--109199/ . It's even marked as the solution which it probably actually quite wasn't. It's a pity that some of the most pertinent comments were later deleted from that thread, but they were in line with what michael-harrison mentions in his comments.
(I think the first relevant MV forum post on the Nvidia driver being the issue was here www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/problem-with-384-notebook-drivers-from-nvidia--107455/ . Most of the other somewhat damaged threads are mentioned in one of my comments in the "effects not refreshing" thread linked above.)

Sorry VK, I did not see your post before I started mine, and had no idea of the threads you linked or the other issues, just know I was tripped up a couple times with the split screen icon toggle 'Bypass FX' feature.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 29 Jun 2018 09:31 #6
My 2 cents worth....

1. FX Bypass is normally the main cause of this problem.

2. If FX Bypass is not the problem, it is probably a bad Nvidia Driver.
The exact same thing happened on my own computer 12 months ago. It took me a long time to diagnose the problem.
It ended up being a new Nvidia Driver that caused problem in Vegas. Solution was to roll back Nvidia Driver to slightly older version.
Months later when newer Nvidia Drivers were released, I tried one of the new drivers and problem was fixed.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Jun 2018 09:32 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six, vkmast

Replied by Notifier on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 01 Jul 2018 22:50 #7
Hi
Thanks to all who took the time to reply. Tried Eagle Six's suggestion regarding the FX Bypass button. Unfortunately this didn't work. So I took Derek's advice and updated my GPU driver. Have Nvidia GE Force GT740M. First tried latest driver 398.36 (June 26th 2018), this didn't work, so went for an earlier driver 385.28 (Aug 14th 2017). This also didn't work. The drivers are listed as for gaming. Does this matter? After reading one of the posts in one of the links you kindly listed, I changed my GPU setting to Intel. This did work. But Intel can be slower than Nvidia. Is there any other solutions available, or am I stuck with using Intel for my editing?

Kind Regards

Posted 01 Jul 2018 23:47 #8
Did you try the driver mentioned by Dr Zen in one of the links in my first post? Or michael-harrison's suggestion quoted in another linked thread?
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 02 Jul 2018 10:49 #9

So I took Derek's advice and updated my GPU driver. Have Nvidia GE Force GT740M. First tried latest driver 398.36 (June 26th 2018), this didn't work, so went for an earlier driver 385.28 (Aug 14th 2017). This also didn't work.

You are in a similar situation to myself, you are using a much older Graphics Card.
If you are using a much older Nvidia graphics card, it is better to stick with using much older Drivers.
Unfortunately if you are on Windows 10, Windows Update will automatically install the latest Nvidia Drivers and un-do any manual installations.
If this is happening to you, there is a solution. I will be making a tutorial on this topic very soon.

When I experienced the exact same problem as yourself, I installed v381.89 and the problem was fixed.
I have also experienced problems with other programs as well and the Nvidia Drivers were also the cause.
www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Notifier on topic Real time effects adjustment

Posted 03 Jul 2018 00:22 #10
Hi
Didn't install the driver mentioned by Derek, as not listed on Nvidia's download page. The same goes for Michael Harrison's suggestion. Is it possible to enter the driver number manually on Nvidia website? Yes I am on Windows 10 Home. Windows recently did one of their major updates. So looks as if Windows has updated the Nvidia driver, as mentioned by Derek. Will wait for Derek's tutorial.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds