VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Media Bin problem - lost access to Media Bins in Vegas Pro

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Media Bin problem - lost access to Media Bins in Vegas Pro was created by ilyk49

Posted 14 Jul 2018 21:46 #1
I think I must have pressed something that I should not have, but now I can't open any of my media bins. I've been working on a long project and created various media bins to store clips based on dates. Had no problem with with. I could just click on the bin and all the relevant clips for the particular date were there. Today, I tried to create a new bin for more clips - but it seems something went wrong. I copied the relevant clips into the new bin - but nothing seemed to happen. Now if I click on any of the old bins - they won't open up at all. All the clips seem to still be in "All Media", but they don't seem to be in any of the relevant bins - at least when you click on a bin nothing opens up. Also, when I click on "Bin type" and select "stills" or "audio", then nothing happens as well. Does anyone know what may have caused this aberration and how, or if, it can be fixed. It's very frustrating.
Last Edit:15 Jul 2018 19:51 by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Media Bin problem - lost access to Media Bins in Vegas Pro

Posted 15 Jul 2018 08:47 #2
I have never experienced this myself, so not sure what has caused it to happen.

My first and only thought, is to try a full program reset.
One thing that I do experience from time to time, is the thumbnails in the Project Media window displaying thumbnails for the wrong videos.
Cleaning the Temporary Files Cache fixes this problem - when you do a reset, this cleans the cache.
Since Media Bins are linked to the Project Media window, a reset may fix the problem.
If it doesn't fix the the problem, it looks like your .vf Project File has become corrupted.

Reset instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Jul 2018 19:51 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilyk49

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Media Bin problem - lost access to Media Bins in Vegas Pro

Posted 15 Jul 2018 19:11 #3
Hi Derek

Thanks a million for this suggestion. I did a reset as suggested and this fixed the problem. I now have access to all my media bins again. Can't thank you enough, Cheers Peter
Last Edit:15 Jul 2018 19:52 by ilyk49
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds