VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Latest Video Pro Software

Latest Video Pro Software was created by kiwihans

Posted 24 Jul 2018 17:19 #1
I saw this at the top of the forum heading:

$200 OFF Vegas Pro Edit & Vegas Pro
30% OFF Vegas Pro Suite - use Coupon Code JULY2018VPS

Valid until 1st August 2018

I can't find where to "click" to find out more about this offer. I am using Vegas Pro 13 but this is getting quite old and I am having some problems with it!

Is the latest software version an improvement on Pro 13 and what would you as a user say what are some great new features! BTW while software could be used in the past to re-install the program there was also the possibility to "REPAIR" case of problems. Opinions gratefully received!

Regards,
Hans Gelton.
Last Edit:27 Jul 2018 00:11 by kiwihans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 24 Jul 2018 17:28 #2
Did you click the banner with the black background and "Shop Now" to get to the Magix Vegas Pro 15 product pages? See the nice current Upgrade offer there.
Last Edit:24 Jul 2018 17:30 by vkmast

Replied by kiwihans on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 24 Jul 2018 18:57 #3
Sorry, can't find a black banner with "Shop Now" on this website - Where is it?

Replied by vkmast on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 24 Jul 2018 19:06 #4

kiwihans wrote: Sorry, can't find a black banner with "Shop Now" on this website - Where is it?

Do you not have this at the top of this page?
by vkmast
Attachments:

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 24 Jul 2018 19:14 #5

Sorry, can't find a black banner with "Shop Now" on this website - Where is it?

If you are not seeing the Ad Banner, you must have an Ad Blocker app turned on in your web browser.
Use a different web browser or turn the Ad Blocker off.

You may also have corrupted Cookies in your browser.
Delete/clean all your web browsers history and cookies to fix (if that is cause of web page not displaying images).

Ad Blockers can also make different functions on websites stop working properly.

I also have direct links for all current sales/deals in the Announcements section of the forum here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/announcements/1955-special-discounts-and-coupon-codes-for-vegas-pro-vegas-movie-studio-and-magix-software-july-2018-deals

If you are not seeing links that say Link to sales page here, you must definitely have an ad blocker turned on - turn it off.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Jul 2018 19:18 by DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 24 Jul 2018 23:16 #6

kiwihans wrote: BTW while software could be used in the past to re-install the program there was also the possibility to "REPAIR" case of problems.

Hi Hans,

If you haven't recently performed a full program reset of your Vegas Pro 13, Derek has the instructions here..... www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

This will often fix strange things that can happen in Vegas.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 25 Jul 2018 06:55 #7
Hi Derek, I have found the link by turning of the Ad Blocker (thanks!) I presume all the prices mentioned are in US$. How did I get into all this? Well.........
Customers are starting to ask to have their VHS tapes converted to video files. Some no longer want their tapes transferred to DVD. Well, its not so easy to convert them to files as there are Time Based errors to contend with. So I went and purchased a RCA to USB gadget to get the tape info into the PC. Half way during the install of the ARC software (that came with the gadget) I got the following message: (Catastrophic failure to install) - my PC crashed. I tried to uninstall this software but windows 10 did not want to know. A friend pointed me to a special uninstaller and this ARC Soft was successfully removed.
All this was two weeks ago. In the meantime I am sitting on a couple of customers movie orders. Vegas 13 now keeps dropping out - Video Event FX are not working etc. Its all running like a hairy dog! I thought buying a new version of Vegas, but George advises me to do a reset of my current Software back to factory defaults. Sounds good, I will give that a try first - if it doesn't, I might have to go for Vegas 15 which may fix it.
Last Edit:25 Jul 2018 07:55 by kiwihans

Posted 25 Jul 2018 17:43 #8
Hi George - I did the reset to factory settings as you suggested. Now some items started to work, some not! I decided this afternoon to purchase Vegas 15. I loaded in the files I was having problems with in Vegas 13. To my horror I struck some of the main problems I struck with Vegas 13 Namely:
Short pauses when playing back a clip on the timeline.
Building peaks is very slow!
All of a sudden playback will stop with a message: Not responding. (and goes to a white out screen) bit like the old blue screen!
Place a clip on the timeline and it will not start playing.
Thumbnails on the timeline are as follows: Head, Centre, Tail instead of All. I don't know how to save this to all.
Each time when I place a clip on the timeline I must set the video properties or else it won't work.

I don't know how to solve these problems and this subject is certainly not SOLVED!

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Latest Video Pro Software

Posted 25 Jul 2018 19:21 #9
There are a couple of separate issues here.

1. Always download and test the free trial before spending any money.
That being said, you haven't wasted your money because Vegas Pro 15 works really well, especially if you have a modern Nvidia or AMD Radeon graphics card installed.
If you are using a modern Nvidia or AMD Radeon GPU, you will notice much faster render times after you get your computer fixed.

2. I will assume you have been using Vegas Pro 13 for many years on the same computer, without any big problems.
For Vegas Pro to suddenly stop working properly, indicates it is not a problem with Vegas - especially if performing a reset has made no difference.
Something else on your computer has changed, which is causing a cascade of negative effects.

3. What you should have done 2 weeks ago, was use Windows System Restore immediately after you noticed a problem.
System Restore would have uninstalled anything you had recently installed and returned the computer back to a working state.
Unfortunately it is probably way too late to use System Restore now, because I can guess you have done countless re-installs of different programs by now.
The System Restore cache can only go back so far, especially if the Cache Size was not set to a large Gigabyte size.

4. I am going to take a wild stab in the dark here, as to what the actual problem may be. This is just a new working theory of mine, based on some Gamers reporting that CPU performance of some Intel CPUs, has suddenly dropped off a cliff, since a major security vulnerability was patched for Intel CPUs.

You are now the third person that has reported a sudden catastrophic failure of Vegas in the last 3 weeks.
One of those people who also experienced a problem was another forum member here.
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/1969-msp-15-crashes-please-help#9995
Long story short, the problem was caused by GPU Acceleration in Options/Preferences/Video, being set to Intel Quicksync.
Changing GPU Acceleration back to Nvidia or AMD graphics, fixed the problem for 2 other Vegas users (one here and one on YouTube).

I don't know this for sure, but I suspect a Windows Update that fixed a security vulnerability in all Intel CPUs, may be the root cause of this problem.
I'm guessing that some models of Intel CPUs, are now not working correctly with Vegas, when Intel Quicksync is selected as the primary GPU.
Intel Quicksync is the integrated GPU in many Intel CPUs.

Going one step further, I think this problem also relates to out of date BIOS firmware for certain Motherboards that use Intel CPUs with integrated graphics. I recommend going into your computer's BIOS and finding out which BIOS version you have installed and then checking to see if there are any new build versions for your Motherboard.

5. If your problem with Vegas has nothing to do with Intel Quicksync GPU problems, then something else has occurred on your computer.
About 3 years ago, I experienced a sudden catastrophic failure of all versions of Vegas.
At the time, I had been installing a lot of new software.
For some unknown reason, Windows Restore had been turned off, so I was totally screwed.
Uninstalling all the programs made no difference.
After wasting time and freaking out for 2 days, I made an important decision which fixed my problem - I did a clean install of Windows.
Yes it was a pain to reinstall all my programs, but it removed the problem and was back to using Vegas with zero problems.

If you can't fix the problem by changing your GPU settings, I recommend you reinstall Windows.
It sounds like you have already wasted a lot of time trying to fix the problem.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jul 2018 15:21 by DoctorZen

Posted 26 Jul 2018 17:20 #10
Hi Derek: First many thanks for todays report on issues. I take your comments on board and have saved these to a folder I keep.
Yes, indeed I have used Vegas Pro 13 for many years without any issues. I am specialize on working with old 8 an super 8mm movies and my clients are very happy with the quality of my work. It was not Vegas Pro 13 that crashed in the first place - it was during the installation of another piece of hardware that I should have stayed clear off. Anyhow, it must be something to do with CPU performance that probably got effected by Windows 10 updates. (Don't you just hate microsoft coming up with updates that actually make things worse (why does Microsoft persist fixing things that are not broke!!!)

As you suggested, the problem looks like being caused by Windows not liking my Intel processor. In the meantime I am looking at the latest bios firmware to see if a later version may improve things ( I will let you know)

If something else is happening on my computer, I am not REALLY looking forward to do a clean install of Windows! BTW - I think Vegas 15 does work well. Yes, sure somethings are a bit different, but overall I quite like it. As time goes by, I will continue to keep you informed how this problem is progressing.

additional: I have created a Restore point in case of future problems. My latest rendering project went to 32% and ground to a halt. As far as GPU acceleration of video processing is concerned, I have 2 choices: Intel HD or Advanced Microl Devices, Inc (Tonga) Neither of these made any difference!

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.872 seconds