VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 16 not responding

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Vegas Pro 16 not responding was created by ilyk49

Posted 19 Sep 2018 14:35 #1
I've been using Vegas Pro 16 for a few weeks, But I find that it is very frustrating. I have a project - that is about 1 hour and 50 minutes long with numerous clips. Vegas Pro will play the project if I just hit play. However, if I try to do anything else in the project (for example, add cross fades between the clips) , the program just stops working and I get a message "Vegas Pro not responding) and I have to go to the Windows task master to close it down. This is so frustrating. Is there a limit on how long a project can be or how many clips can be in a project? I know that in previous versions I have had projects up to 2 hours and never had any issues. I'm not working in 4K - just 1920 x 1080 - and there are no effects or anything added to the clips - so it's so frustrating that Pro 16 seems incapable of handling a normal 2 hours project/

Is there any sort of solution to this? Thanks
Last Edit:19 Sep 2018 18:21 by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 16 not responding

Posted 19 Sep 2018 18:50 #2
I am not experiencing any problems like this so far, during my testing of Vegas Pro 16.
I did have a big problem with Vegas Pro 16 crashing, but solved that by uninstalling duplicate 3rd party Video FX.
Example: I had multiple versions of different Hitfilm FX installed - some from Movie Studio installs.
I uninstalled ALL Hitfilm FX and only installed Hitfilm Ignite Pro which comes with Vegas Pro 16 Suite.
After doing this, stability returned.

I also had a problem with some GPU Accelerated Video FX.
On my computer, I am still using an older generation Nvidia GTX570 and older Nvidia Drivers.
When I had GPU Acceleration turned on in Options/Preferences/Video, applying some Transitions and/or FX, would immediately crash VP16.
If I turn off GPU Acceleration, VP16 does not crash.
This problem seems 100% related to me using an old Graphics Card and older Drivers - nothing to do with VP16 itself.
I am planning to build a new computer soon, which should solve this problem permanently.

I recommend you post your problem on the official Vegas Pro forums instead, where the right people will get to look at this and comment.
However, I was just on the official Vegas Pro forums and noticed you have already posted there as well.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-pro-not-responding--113027/
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:19 Sep 2018 18:51 by DoctorZen

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Vegas Pro 16 not responding

Posted 19 Sep 2018 20:04 #3
Thank you. Will do.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2018 08:09 by ilyk49

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.821 seconds