Solved Nesting 5.1 projects

• Thank you received: 2
I am trying to add (nest) a 5.1 surround project to the beginning of an open 5.1 project. However, the added project is imported as stereo, not 5.1. In fact, all 5.1 project's properties show as stereo from within VP15 (current build).

How does one nest a 5.1 surround .veg within a 5.1 .veg and retain the 5.1 data? I can render the first project and import that as a 5.1.mp4 file, but that presents other difficulties. Is it possible to nest 5.1 veg's?

Dennis
23 Sep 2018 02:48 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by den24601 on topic Nesting 5.1 projects

My research suggests it's not possible to nest 5.1 projects and retain the 5.1 data. When nesting, it appears all audio from the imported .veg is first down-converted to a WAVE and brought in as stereo. My workaround is to join the various rendered projects using MP4Joiner, which doesn't re-render the files.

If anyone has a better solution...
Thanks,
Dennis
24 Sep 2018 03:56 #2

• Thank you received: 1495

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Nesting 5.1 projects

I have never nested 5.1 Surround projects, so not sure what alternatives there could be.

You may be able to simply COPY the Audio from the original project into the nested project.
You can open 2x instances of Vegas at the same time.
Open the source project and new project, in different instances of Vegas.
After you have imported the Nested project, delete the Audio that came with it.
Now open the original project and highlight ALL 5.1 audio tracks, then right-click and select COPY.
Go back to new project and PASTE audio into timeline.

Does this work for you ?
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
24 Sep 2018 13:41 #3

Replied by den24601 on topic Nesting 5.1 projects

I will try that, but getting the audio and video in the correct places on the timeline would be time-consuming. While not as convenient or elegant as nesting and it requires extra steps, joining the pieces with MP4Joiner is working well. I've multiple audio tracks, so will stick with my workaround. I had thought nesting projects brought the actual scripts into the opened project, but it appears to only render the nested and bring the results into the project.
Thanks,
Dennis
24 Sep 2018 23:29 #4

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.