VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15? was created by CeeDee

Posted 12 Oct 2018 21:44 #1
Having successfully used VP15 (inc. NB Titler Pro 6) as an inspired amateur, I have now purchased a Sony HXR-NX80 4K cam I am wondering if VP15 will be able to handle HDR and 4K footage.

My hardware is:
Processor: Intel Core i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s)
Graphics adapter : AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (1,073,741,824) bytes of RAM
Primary Drive 256GB SSD
Working HDDs: 2x 1TB 7200rpm

What's the general concensus?

Cheers!
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by den24601 on topic Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

Posted 15 Oct 2018 23:50 #2
Good question. Doctor Zen has promised a VP16 review, so perhaps his review will enlighten us. I purchased the VP15 Suite in April, and have been considering the VP16 upgrade offers.

I recently received a VP-17 survey from Magix (with the enticement of potential $50 vouchers for participants), so they are certainly thinking ahead.

Dennis

Replied by den24601 on topic Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

Posted 16 Nov 2018 22:10 #3
Will there be a VP16 review?

Dennis
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 08:40 by den24601

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

Posted 16 Nov 2018 22:52 #4
I apologize for not releasing the review I had promised.
A few weeks after VP16 was released, I had a bit of a medical crisis that destroyed my plans.

I am back on track now and will upload something in the next few days.
I just have to record my video to go with the article, then I will publish both at the same time.

The short answer is that I do recommend Vegas Pro 16. This is a great version of Vegas Pro 16.
If you just want to upgrade Vegas, Vegas Pro 16 Edit is great value.

I especially like Vegas Pro 16 Suite - this is one of the best value versions of the "Suite" version that has been released in a long time.
The 3x big bonus features that comes with the Suite, are worth a lot of money if you had to buy them separately.

1. Ignite Pro is a super power FX plugin pack from Hitfilm - I have been using this myself for a few years now - it comes with one of the best Green Screen (Chroma Keyer) plugins you can buy. I use it in most of my tutorials and swear by it.
2. proDAD VitaScene V3 PRO is worth $599 by itself. You can create custom Transitions and FX with this plugin.
3. Boris FX Sapphire Lighting Unit is a premium FX unit. Sapphire from Boris FX, makes some of the best FX software plugins that Hollywood and TV shows use all the time.

I haven't bought the Suite version of Vegas Pro for many years, but this time around the bonus features were worth the extra investment!
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: den24601

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by CeeDee on topic Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

Posted 17 Nov 2018 02:16 #5
Thanks for your reassuring appraisal, Derek. I did go ahead and purchase the upgrade. It seemed very good value. I am sure that I speak for everyone here in wishing you all the best for a full recovery and a healthy prognosis ongoing. Thanks again Derek!
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
Last Edit:04 May 2023 18:43 by CeeDee

Replied by pioneer on topic Is VP16 worth an upgrade from VP15?

Posted 12 Dec 2018 02:43 #6
Hi Derek, As and when you get round to doing your review of Pro16 any chance you could sneak in a bit in on the Tiny Planet FX please? Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.075 seconds