VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro

Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro was created by Nashville Side Streets

Posted 28 Nov 2018 13:46 #1
Yes, I sure am glad to hear you're doing better--health always MUST come first.

I am using VP 14 on a 64 bit system with Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics card. I've been having a time trying to download the free trial of Ignite Pro from their website. It installed but will not open. I'm pretty sure my system requirements are adequate and there is plenty of room on my hard drive. I am looking to improve upon VP's chroma keyer to eliminate excess spill. I am new to chroma key.

During the installation, a window said I needed "OKB" to run some of the features of the program. I am not familiar with this.
Does anyone know of a better link to get the free trial from? Also--what compatible FREE Chroma key software would you recommend?

Moderator edit: I have moved your messages into a new thread.
Last Edit:29 Nov 2018 19:01 by Nashville Side Streets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Nashville Side Streets on topic Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro

Posted 28 Nov 2018 13:56 #2
I believe I need to start a new thread here, so I apologize for my last post....
Last Edit:29 Nov 2018 19:01 by Nashville Side Streets

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro

Posted 28 Nov 2018 15:54 #3
Ignite Pro is categorized as an OFX.
A lot of people including myself, had problems with Ignite Pro crashing Vegas Pro.

There is only one place to install Ignite Pro from:
fxhome.com/ignite-pro

Do you have any other Hitfilm software installed on your computer ?

If you have too many different versions of Hitfilm products installed on the same computer, it can cause a problem.
Go to the Windows Control Panel/Programs and Features
Sort the Published column alphabetically and look for FXHOME (makers of Ignite Pro and Hitfilm).

1. Un-install all FXHOME software.

2. Now reset Vegas Pro 14.
Instructions for how to reset here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings

3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX and rename the folder OFX to OFX.OLD

4. Start the Vegas Pro

5. Close the Vegas Pro

6. Go back to the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX and rename the folder OFX.OLD back to OFX

7. Re-install Ignite Pro from fresh download

8. Start Vegas Pro - if everything is now working correctly, you will see Ignite Pro FX listed in the Video FX tab.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Nov 2018 19:01 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Replied by Nashville Side Streets on topic Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro

Posted 29 Nov 2018 15:16 #4
Thank you, thank you! Your instructions worked!!!
Last Edit:29 Nov 2018 19:02 by Nashville Side Streets
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Ignite Pro will not install in Vegas Pro

Posted 29 Nov 2018 19:02 #5
Excellent :woohoo:
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.013 seconds