VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering Sony vegas pro 12 for dual layer disk

Rendering Sony vegas pro 12 for dual layer disk was created by windhorse

Posted 24 Aug 2014 09:11 #1
Hi, I'm going to be putting two video's on a dual layer disk. I've rendered the videos and used the bit rate calculator, but I think I may have done it wrong. I calculated based on each video, what I mean is I used the bit rate calculator with the dual layer as my target and then rendered each based on the time of each...not the total that the disk would need to hold all together.
Then I went to architect to do the disk and the size is way off...???
Since I have to render one at a time, do I enter in the "total" time both videos will take up on the dual layer disk ? when I do each render?
I have two videos that together are 3 hrs 25 min and should be able to fit on a dual layer disk...but with the renders I got, one of the video's comes out to 6 gigs alone??? ugh
Does that make sense? :S
Is the bite rate calculator calculating compression just for that one video on the dual layer? So when Im rendering each separate video, should I use the total time to make sure the compression will fit both?
Sorry to be such a beginner
The tutorial I watched that you did was perfect, everything went smooth....then I went to the next step and now am wondering what to do.
Thank you :oops:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering Sony vegas pro 12 for dual layer disk

Posted 24 Aug 2014 19:36 #2
This question has already been answered fully on YouTube.

When using the Bit Rate calculator, you need to add up the total time for ALL videos that will be added to the disc.
Then render each separate video using the same Bit Rate settings.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.658 seconds