VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Windows 10 Xbox Game Capture audio out of sync in Vegas Pro 16

There is a problem i am having with Vegas Pro 16
So i recorded this video with Windows 10 DVR / Windows 10 Xbox Game Capture, As soon as i imported the video to Vegas Pro 16 and started editing, i realized the audio is out of sync. It is really weird, if i sync it at the starting then, it wouldn't be synced with some other parts of the video. I know it isn't the length of the video that was doing this, since i had a 5 min video and a 30 min video, but they both were the same game (Minecraft Story Mode Season 1). I know it wasn't recorded out of sync, since i checked the original video.
Please Help
I have no clue what to do.
Last Edit:03 Dec 2018 17:00 by Stuntman 82

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Windows 10 Xbox Game Capture audio out of sync in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 03 Dec 2018 17:15 #2
I am not a gamer but can guess what is happening.

Did you screen capture your game play using a Constant Frame Rate or Variable Frame Rate ?

It sounds like your video was recorded using a Variable Frame Rate.
Video Editing programs cannot work with variable frame rate video - they can only work with constant frame rate video.
It is best to record at a constant 60 fps for video game capture.

Your solution is to record at a constant 60 fps for video game capture - I have no idea if their are settings your can change for this in the XBox ?
OR
Convert your game play using Handbrake into a 60 fps Constant Frame Rate video, then import the converted video into Vegas.

I did a quick Google search and found two different articles about your problem, which offer some further solutions:

www.premiumbeat.com/blog/sync-audio-video-game-capture/

answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/audio-not-synced-in-clips/70a7d5b2-b15f-41c8-8f23-2055f1f84153

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Well, it was in Windows not Xbox. And i had set my recording settings to record at 30 fps.
If i set it to 60 fps, Will it fix the problem?

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Windows 10 Xbox Game Capture audio out of sync in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 04 Dec 2018 13:35 #4

If i set it to 60 fps, Will it fix the problem?

Probably not, but you should definitely do an experiment.
You are the first person that has ever asked me a question about using the Windows 10 Game Capture app.
Since it is recording at a Constant Frame Rate, I don't know what is causing the problem.
It isn't because of Vegas Pro - that I can tell you. It must have something to do with how the video is being recorded on your system.

I have 2 suggestions for you.

1. Ask this question on one of the Windows 10 forums.
OR
2. What I recommend you actually do is try recording with OBS Studio instead.
OBS game play capture works perfectly inside of Vegas Pro.
There are literally 100's of tutorials on YouTube that will show you how to set this up.
obsproject.com/

OBS is what I use to record all my screen captures.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 13:36 by DoctorZen

1. I will go ask on the Windows 10 Forum.
2. I have tried OBS already, can't really record games with good quality on it, since i have a old laptop and obs encoder overloads every time. It is probably because i upgraded from an older version of Windows, so my laptop's hardware wasn't supporting.

Posted 04 Dec 2018 14:40 #6
If OBS doesn't work and you are also using an old low powered laptop, that probably explains why the Windows 10 Game Capture app is also not recording the videos in sync properly.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 14:40 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Windows 10 Xbox Game Capture audio out of sync in Vegas Pro 16

Posted 04 Dec 2018 18:06 #7
I've recently discovered the Game Bar capture in Win 10 and used it to capture a video from YouTube and another from Vimeo. Whether you use 30 or 60 fps it is variable framerate.

At standard capture quality the bitrate is around 10mbps and on high quality 20mbps. But high gave me no improvement over 10 probably because what was being streamed was less than 10mbps.

I rarely do screen capture so finding Win 10 had this facility is useful.
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 18:07 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 04 Dec 2018 18:15 #8

ericlnz wrote: I've recently discovered the Game Bar capture in Win 10 and used it to capture a video from YouTube and another from Vimeo. Whether you use 30 or 60 fps it is variable framerate.
At standard capture quality the bitrate is around 10mbps and on high quality 20mbps. But high gave me no improvement over 10 probably because what was being streamed was less than 10mbps.
I rarely do screen capture so finding Win 10 had this facility is useful.

Thanks for that info Eric :woohoo:
OK, so that confirms my initial suspicion.

Message for Stuntman 82
Now that Eric has confirmed that your video is being recorded with a Variable Frame Rate, you must convert your video into a stable Constant Frame Rate for use in Vegas Pro. Please read the link I originally suggested you read.
answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/audio-not-synced-in-clips/70a7d5b2-b15f-41c8-8f23-2055f1f84153

I also have a beginners guide tutorial for how to use Handbrake, which I recommend you read/watch.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/miscellaneous-help-tutorials/595-handbrake-v1-1-1-beginners-guide-for-best-video-export-settings
Last Edit:04 Dec 2018 18:27 by DoctorZen

Thank You ,
Trying your idea worked.
BTW, I asked about his problem in windows 10 forum and got no reply, so i just gave up on them.
:)
Have a Nice Day
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Thanks for reporting back :!: :idea: :cheer:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.806 seconds