VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved getting multiple video clips with menu to fit on DVD in DVD Architect

• amy831
  • amy831's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I have 5 video clips, Edited in Vegas Pro 12, that I would like to fit all on one DVD, using DVD Architect 4.5, but the total size is 5.3gb.

I have the Matt's bitrate calculator recommended in the tutorial for doing this with a single video, but is there a way to render my 5 videos individually so that they all will fit on the DVD with a menu. or should I render them all together?

I only Rendered them separately because I couldn't get the menu to load using the single movie option. I created the menu following that tutorial but when I played the DVD the menu didn't show, the video just started playing automatically.

So I guess I would be grateful for a tutorial for either fix.

Thank you for all you've done.
Your tutorials are soooo appreciated!!!

Amy
by amy831

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Amy

Why are you using DVD Architect 4.5 ?
You should be using DVD Architect Pro 6.0 - this is the version that comes with Vegas Pro 12.

Add up the total length in time for all 5 videos.
Place this total time value into the Bit Rate calculator plus remember to add a small safety margin.
Now render each separate video using the exact same Bit Rate settings.

When you start a new project with DVD Architect Pro, you need to set as a Menu Based DVD, not a Single Movie.
If you set as single movie, it will auto play with no menu.

I am guessing you have already read/watched this tutorial:
How to Compress and Fit a Long Video onto a DVD

Make sure to set DVD Architect Project Properties to be same as Vegas Pro settings for rendered videos.
Example:
If you rendered to 720x480 widescreen NTSC settings, set DVD Architect Pro to 720x480 widescreen NTSC.
If you rendered to 720x576 widescreen PAL settings, set DVD Architect Pro to 720x576 widescreen PAL.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:41 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.787 seconds