VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Lagging...again

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Lagging...again was created by Michel

Posted 02 Mar 2019 01:40 #1
Hi Derek,

I presume you prefer me writing on the forum. You remember the time spent with me online for about 90 minutes where you updated everything that had to be updated on the PC with the result that there was no more lagging...the test was...writing in sync. in a text box without the lag. I am now working on a project that is again lagging but even more so than the previous time. Having the GPU on or off has no effect at all. It takes forever to write three words in the box. I know that you are delegating certain tasks on your site for other projects. I'm wondering if attaching the .veg file will reproduce the problem but I doubt it.

For your info. I am running a AMD Ryzen CPU with 16g. of RAM. Also, I did reboot to be sure that nothing is running and using memory while working on the project.

So if anyone has a great solution please let me know...I'm out of patience of working on that project...very frustrating!

Michel
Last Edit:16 Mar 2019 17:04 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Lagging...again

Posted 02 Mar 2019 13:28 #2
My gut feeling is that you have another program on your computer, that is switching on and hogging all your system resources.
No one else that I know of, is experiencing the same problems that you do with Vegas.

I recommend you post your problem on the official Vegas Forums, where you are more likely to get more people who can possibly help.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Lagging...again

Posted 03 Mar 2019 03:37 #3
Hi Michel,

If you follow Derek's suggestion to post in the Vegas Creative Software Forums, I would suggest you start with as much history and information about your issue, system, and project. The more you can provide up front, the better a member may be at making solution suggestions. Include all the steps you and Derek did to resolve the problem the first time, your computer specs including CPU, RAM, GPU model Vram and driver, screenshots of your Project Settings, screenshot of Preferences > Video tab, screenshot of your timeline showing the Text/Title media you are using, screenshot of your source media specs using Mediainfo app in test mode. This will also help members prevent asking questions and the back and worth that often happens when the details are left out.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 03 Mar 2019 03:50 #4
Hi Michel,

One other thought. I'm sure you and Derek did this when you solved the problem the first time, but if you haven't done this again maybe it would shed some light. Reboot your PC, load Vegas, then start the Task Manager > Process tab. The only Apps should be Vegas and Task Manager. On the top of the right columns that show the percentage of resources being used should be near zero for CPU, Memory, and GPU. If any of them are double digits, scroll down the list of Background Processes to identify the process/app that is causing the high resource usage. It could be that since you and Derek fixed the issue there has been a change in your system and doing this check may help discover Derek's suspicion that there is something hogging resources.
Best Regards......George

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Lagging...again

Posted 03 Mar 2019 07:45 #5
Hi Derek,

I'm more than tired of these lagging problems with the kind of system I have, I should not have this. So Derek big problem requires a big solutions, plus the fact that I'm not a very patient guy and the idea that I might have to wait for an answer from the Magix forum, I'll have more than the time I need to make a new installation. So it's an easy Saturday night, so I'm installing Windows 10 and 58 apps.

I'll let you know probably tomorrow how's everything going on my end after this major task...

Have a nice one Derek.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 03 Mar 2019 07:49 #6
Hi George,

Thanks for your answer. Tired of this problem that won't go away...so I'm installing Windows 10 and 58 apps. There is probably something that I can't see that is bugging my system and I'm sure that a new Windows clean installation should resolve my problem. Thanks for your answer George and I'll let you know, probably tomorrow, if I was right in doing this...I just want Vegas to run smoothly.

Have a nice one George.

Michel
by Michel

Posted 03 Mar 2019 08:18 #7
Michel, I hope your desicision works well for you. I delayed going from Windows 7 and doing a clean install for a long time. Then one of my computer C: drive died and I didn't have a Windows install disk, bla, bla, bla, and no matter what I tried I could not get a clean Windows 7 install, so I bit the bullet and put Windows 10 on a new SSD drive and everything has been fine on that computer (about a month ago). The next day I then put Windows 10 on my production computer (I like having the same OS system on both boxes), again with a clean install and it has been running fine. It also helped me with a program I really wanted to use without complications and this one program is only supported in Windows 10. Now for the past 4-5 weeks everything is running so much smoother. One I credit with the clean install, the other with Windows 10. It did take about a week for me to get used to the Windows 10 and get both boxes configured to be relatively the same as Windows 7, but so far well worth it.
Best Regards......George

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 03 Mar 2019 23:17 #8
Hi George,

As you can deduct George Windows has been installed along with a few basic apps. As I told you I have 58 apps to install and this is going to be a very tedious process. My intention is to load up Vegas as one of the first apps with the project that has been bugging me and see what happens hoping that everything goes fine and stopping along the way and activating Vegas to see if it's still working properly. I'll let you know how everything went probably tomorrow...well it's very cold out today, nice time to stay inside...

Have a nice one George

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 04 Mar 2019 03:24 #9
Hi George,

So I did load up Vegas as a first app on my system with the project that is causing me lagging problems. As I told you in previous messages my indicator for lagging is typing in a text box on a timeline. I type the letter H 10 times at a normal speed and watch if the letters are being typed in the box at the same time I'm using the H key on the keyboard. If it's not the case then it's lagging. So I thought that with only Vegas Pro as an installed program I would NOT have lagging but I did. I attached a capture of my desktop, as you can see there's not much there, Normally you would see more than 60 icons there. I also included 5 captures that show my task manager. I noticed at the end many Windows processes, I don't recall seeing this in previous viewings of the Task manager. Do you, yourself have all those Service Hosts lines there as I do?

So George, this is what I just did, I copied in five blocks my 2 hour project to another Vegas Pro 16 empty file. making my lagging test after copying each block. And after copying the five blocks there no more lagging. Why? What happened? So instead of reinstalling everything which will take me at least a day, I'll simply install my Ghost and be completely operational within 20 minutes. I'm not sure I'll go back to Magix with this weird correction but I'm wondering if you have input on why this major correction happened. Imagine no more lagging just because I copy from one file to an empty Vegas file??? I just don't get it.

Thanks George.

Michel

by Michel

Posted 04 Mar 2019 05:07 #10
Yes, I have those host processes as well.

Michel @ "So George, this is what I just did, I copied in five blocks my 2 hour project to another Vegas Pro 16 empty file. making my lagging test after copying each block. And after copying the five blocks there no more lagging. Why? What happened? "

I'm confused as to the "five blocks" of your statement, what are blocks?

I'm going to guess, you opened up your project that is lagging. You then opened up a new instance of Vegas Pro. Then you copied the tracks/events from the lagging project to the new project, and now no lagging in the new project.....is that correct?

If so, there is probably something in the lagging project causing the lags, that has not copied into the new project......HAPPY DAYS! I have had a similar issue happen to me years ago and when I copied the contents from one instance of Vegas to the other, the problem went away, I simply saved the project with a new name in the second instance and went on with life.

I have lost track or all the steps you have taken, so will ask, have you done a full reset of Vegas?
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.874 seconds