VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Lagging...again

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic Lagging...again

Posted 04 Mar 2019 09:49 #11
Hi George,

I'm sure those many service hosts lines in T Manager are related to the recent major Windows update...anyway!

My project lasts 2 hours. So I decided to arbitrarily split in five blocks and copy/paste each of them, one at a time in the empty Vegas app.. The goal here was to find out after each copy, if there was lagging and naturally at the end of my copied project or the fifth block if you prefer, I was hoping for the ''LAG'' to be there but to my dismay, it wasn't. I really wanted to find the culprit.

So now when I load that project it takes a fraction of the time as before and no more lag. I'm happy to have been using a Ghosting app. This prevented me close to two days of work in reinstalling all my 58 apps.. 20 minutes and back in business.

Thanks for your insight George in this case, really appretiated it.

If you're reading this in the background Derek...take care.

Have a nice one.

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Lagging...again

Posted 04 Mar 2019 10:03 #12

Michel wrote: If you're reading this in the background Derek...take care.

[IMG

Yes I have been reading all these active threads and appreciate the help from all forum members.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Mar 2019 00:09 #13
Hi George,

Just a last question if you don't mind!

I used a chrono. to find out the time it would take from the moment I click on the .veg file (that is the lagging file) to the moment I see it pop up in my Vegas environment...result 1:26 min. Using the same fashion with my corrected file and I have a result of 0.52 sec. Like I told you I don't have anymore lagging. For your info this is done with the GPU ON. My question to you is, can you tell me how long it would take you to load up a 925 kb file using the same parameters. I know you'll tell me that it depends on many factors to long to list here.

So when you give me your result and you tell me that it took you half the time, I should start wondering, if you tell me there is a plus or minus difference of 10 seconds....I'll be satisfied. No problem. I'm asking you that because I don't have any base of comparison in that field.

No rush George, just when you get a chance...thanks a lot for your trouble....again.

This should definitely close this case.

Michel
by Michel

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Lagging...again

Posted 06 Mar 2019 02:32 #14
Hi Michel,

What file is 925 kb? Is that the size of your lagging Project .veg file?

I'm not aware of any specs you and Derek may have discussed before you started this thread and there is not enough information about your system or your project contents in this thread for me to make a comparison. As you have stated, "I know you'll tell me that it depends on many factors". However with that aside, can you provide your computer specs, motherboard model, CPU model with how much VRAM memory, RAM memory amount and model, OS build number, make and model of the drives you are working with, that is the drive the OS is on, and the drive(s) your source media is on? That will allow me to make a general comparison of your system to mine.

Then can you post a screenshot of all the source media you include in your project using the free app Mediainfo in Text mode. And also what types of FX's you have used and how many times? If I remember correctly your project is 2 hours in length, is that correct?

52 seconds to load up a project that has been previous made seems a bit long, but not necessarily so depending on what all is included in that project.
Best Regards......George

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Mar 2019 03:25 #15
Hi George,

Yes the Project is the 925 kb. file.

What I am asking you is by no way scientific and I did not discuss anything with Derek on that matter besides the fact that he does know what kind of system I have. For your info and this was written in a previous message I have a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 CPU, 16g. of DDR4 RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 1060 3g. graphics card. Like I told you in my previous message, some questioning may arise if the difference in the load time is significant, let's say around 25 seconds in your favor but not that serious if the difference is just around 10 seconds favoring one or another.

Like I told you George no rush at all.

Michel
by Michel

Posted 06 Mar 2019 04:29 #16
Hi Michel,

Yes in your opening post of this thread you mentioned you have an AMD Ryzen and 16 gb RAM, but you did not specify the Rysen model or the type RAM, as you did here, or I missed it in another post, so if I did I apologize.

Your Project file loading isn't the problem of loading times, it's what is in your project, so a Project File of 925 kb doesn't tell us much. How about the other information I asked for? Again, there is little hope I can make a close comparison if I do not have similar source media to load in your project, but wanted to know what type source and how large the files are to determine if I can test your project.
Best Regards......George

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Mar 2019 05:45 #17
Hi George,

I made an error the corrected Project file is 925 kb and NOT the original as mentioned is my previous message sorry about that.

The project I'm talking about is a family project so there is no CIA stuff to be found in there (hahaha)...so to compare apples with apples I'm attaching it.

I presume you are working with Vegas Pro. so this is just to have an idea George, so just load it up and tell me how long it took...thanks.
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Mar 2019 05:47 #18
Sorry George,

I pressed on the submit button without the attached file...OUPS.

Here it is.

M

File Attachment:

File Name: Simon-12ans-Vol.1.veg
File Size:927 KB
ichel
by Michel
Attachments:

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 06 Mar 2019 07:41 #19
Hi George,

I'm not sure that you'll get the media included in the .veg file there reducing much it's weight. Please let me know if the file is complete and that you can use it...thank you.

Michel
by Michel

Posted 06 Mar 2019 09:27 #20

Michel wrote: Hi George,

I'm not sure that you'll get the media included in the .veg file there reducing much it's weight. Please let me know if the file is complete and that you can use it...thank you.

Michel

Hi Michel, a veg file never includes source media, so no I do not have your original files for this project and would not want to download them either.

Before I start this comparison, I have your Project veg file, I need you to provide the information about your source that I have asked for, so I know what I am getting into. Here more specifically is what I need.....

How many still images are there in this project, resolution and format as jpeg, tiff, png, bmp, etc.
How many video source files are included and a Mediainfo (in text mode) report of their specs for each different kind.
Give me an idea how much space is taken on your hard drive to store all the files you have in this project.

Thank You.
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.877 seconds