vegas ms 16 728x90 2019 05 sale

check Solved Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

• Thank you received: 0

Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro was created by Vidchick

Have any of you had issues importing a video you started editing in Adobe Premiere Pro (I think mine was started in CS6 I was using the Creative Cloud) into Vegas Pro 16? I was thinking about subscribing to the Vegas Pro 365 for 3 months to import a video from Adobe and save/render in Vegas Pro so I can then import it into Movie Studio 16 Suite to finish it.

I would be doing this in a pretty souped up machine so I don't anticipate processor or video card issues.

Just wondering if there are any helpful hints. I did not see any other questions like this out there.

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
32GB Ram
12 core, Intel I7-8700k, 3.7GHz
1TB hard drive, plus a 512GB SSD for editing
GeForce GTX 1080Ti graphics card, Intel UHD graphics 630
NVidia High Def Audio, Realtek audio

Thanks!
12 Mar 2019 13:12 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1262

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

Why not import your video from Adobe directly into Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 16 ?
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vidchick
12 Mar 2019 15:18 #2

Replied by Vidchick on topic Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

Derek,

I would love to import directly into Movie Studio 16 Suite. (I have MS16 Suite not Platinum if there is a difference in function. I thought Suite was Platinum with added stuff) Guess I missed that as an option. I thought you had to buy Vegas Pro to get that capability.

Do you just select the project file as you would any other media and import it to the media bin? I’m guessing it reads and converts everything seamlessly? Are there any special tricks? I haven’t seen a tutorial on that on Magix or MSZ so I’d be guessing.

Thanks!
12 Mar 2019 15:39 #3

• Thank you received: 1262

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

I have MS16 Suite not Platinum if there is a difference in function. I thought Suite was Platinum with added stuff

Platinum is part of the Suite version. The same identical version of Platinum comes with the Platinum and Suite versions.
"The Suite" is Platinum plus bonus Video FX from NewBlueFX.

I thought you had to buy Vegas Pro to get that capability

Which capability are you talking about ?
Are you referring to the ability to open Adobe Premiere Pro .prproj project files with Vegas Pro ?

When I read your original message, I thought you were talking about normal everyday video files, like yourvideo.mp4 ?
I didn't realize you were talking about project files, which is completely different.

If you mean Premiere Pro project files, then yes only Vegas Pro can open them.
If you are talking about regular .mp4 videos, Vegas Movie Studio can open them.
The only thing to be careful of, is even though Vegas Pro is meant to have the ability to open PP project files, in reality this function does not always work as expected. It all depends on what is in the PP project.

It might be simpler to just render out your existing PP project as a Cineform video file and import it into Vegas Movie Studio.
The Cineform format is basically uncompressed, so you want loose any quality.
It will import into VMS just as a video. This might be simpler than subscribing to Vegas Pro 365 and then finding it doesn't do what you want.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vidchick
12 Mar 2019 16:24 #4

Replied by Vidchick on topic Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

Yes, the file says .prproj so it is a PP file. Thanks, I’ll look into rendering as Cineform as an option. I think I saw where you had a tutorial on that. Is that better than or about the same as getting Adobe CC back for 1 month, rendering the project file, and just importing that video file into Movie Studio 16 to finish it out. At this point, I’m ok with paying a little money if it makes the process quicker. I have a backlog of things to get done quickly.

Thanks so much! You are amazing!
12 Mar 2019 17:35 #5

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Importing to Vegas Pro 365 from Adobe Premiere Pro

Hi Vidchick,

Just wanted to comment a bit about your initial workflow as you describe.....

Vidchick wrote: Have any of you had issues importing a video you started editing in Adobe Premiere Pro (I think mine was started in CS6 I was using the Creative Cloud) into Vegas Pro 16? I was thinking about subscribing to the Vegas Pro 365 for 3 months to import a video from Adobe and save/render in Vegas Pro so I can then import it into Movie Studio 16 Suite to finish it.

This part "I was thinking about subscribing to the Vegas Pro 365 for 3 months to import a video from Adobe and save/render in Vegas Pro so I can then import it into Movie Studio 16 Suite"

Just wanted to confirm the understanding of terms. If you are using 'save' in the same context as 'render', yes this would work, you could render the project to something like Cineform intermediate out of Vegas Pro, then simply add that source media into Movie Studio. However you cannot open a Vegas Pro project in Movie Studio (it will work the other way around Vegas Pro will open a Movie Studio project).

Also, because of the expected complexity that Derek mentions previously, I would download the free Vegas Pro 16 trial and try your work flow in it. If it works in the Vegas Pro 16 trial it will work in the Vegas Pro 365. The only limitation in the trial, that I am aware of, is the limit in how much it render. I think it is set to render about 2 minutes, no longer, of which will have no effect on you testing your workflow. These are just some thoughts I had.
Best Regards......George
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen
13 Mar 2019 02:25 #6

Moderators: DoctorZen

vegas pro 16 728x90 2019 05 sale

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds

Zen Social Media

MOVIESTUDIOZEN.COM

© Copyright 2018. Movie Studio Zen. All Rights Reserved.

Support Movie Studio Zen

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

Translate Language

MSZ Security

Positive SSL