VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved SD to HD conversion

SD to HD conversion was created by pauldr44

Posted 25 Apr 2019 08:48 #1
I made a 7 minute video from an old 16 mm film (22 minutes total) that I converted from film to video as an avi file in SD many years ago. Now I have created HD ProRes files from the original 16 mm film. I would like to remake the short 7 minute video using the new HD video footage. When I import the avi file into Vegas and match properties, I have a 4 x 3 sized screen. If I import the HD version, I have black bars. If I change properties of the SD version to 1920 x 1080 and then import the HD version, I still have black bars. Is there a way to substitute the old SD footage with the new HD footage and avoid having black bars?

Thanks,

Paul Richards
Last Edit:26 Apr 2019 17:06 by pauldr44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic SD to HD conversion

Posted 25 Apr 2019 09:32 #2
Hi Paul,

If I not missing something, start a project in HD (1920x1080). Add your HD footage in the timeline. Click on Pan & Crop. Place the pointer anyplace on the image and right click. Select 'Match Output Aspect'. That should do it.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Apr 2019 09:32 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by pauldr44 on topic SD to HD conversion

Posted 25 Apr 2019 13:43 #3
Thanks. That did it. Paul
Last Edit:26 Apr 2019 17:07 by pauldr44

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds