Solved Fine tuning my chroma key

• Thank you received: 16

Fine tuning my chroma key was created by Nashville Side Streets

Hello Forum,
I am on VP 16 Suite on a 64 bit system.
I am trying to get a REALLY good key with Ignite Pro, have watched many tutorials and have got it pretty good but needs to be better. I have attached several photos of my source, matte, results, settings and lighting set-up. I would appreciate any comments, as I know many folks on this forum have a lot more experience at this than I do. My green wall is 18 feet long and 8 feet high. I have UV Blur on .01 and that's all the FX besides the settings shown.
As can be seen when comparing the source to the result, the arrows point out places that are missing or have a gray edge (see his arm). The spill removal tool did not eliminate the gray edge. Have moved the lights around and this arrangement seems to be the best so far.

Thank you so much.
28 Apr 2019 05:18 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Fine tuning my chroma key

Hi Nashville

Can you please upload a copy of your .veg Vegas project file, so that I can see the exact settings you used in the Chroma Key plugin.

I started to muck around with your green screen image, but was struggling to get anything that looked good.

I'm not a Chroma Key expert, but there are some things in your images I need to comment on.
To achieve good Chroma Key, you need plenty of light on the green screen and your talent.
If either of these get too dark, it can make everything go muddy and difficult to control edges.

1. Your actual green screen backdrop is not evenly lit.
There is a strip of bright light at the top, then it goes darker near the bottom.
You need more intense and evenly spread light projected onto the green screen.

2. There is not enough light being projected onto the talent and/or you need to up the ISO setting in your camera.

Here is a screen shot from one of my Chroma Key projects, that shows a bright green screen and plenty of light on me.

Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
28 Apr 2019 17:52 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 16

Replied by Nashville Side Streets on topic Fine tuning my chroma key

I have attached my .veg file. It is not really a project; I am just using it for testing green screen settings. It contains several very short clips, each with slightly different settings. I rendered about 8 seconds of the one where there are 2 people eating at a table, and the key turned out pretty good. But when I tried shooting the taller subject with the guitar, the same lighting and settings didn't work.

Very grateful for any help. Thank you.
29 Apr 2019 13:57 #3
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1306

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Fine tuning my chroma key

I don't have time to experiment for you.
I found this Help page which may help you a little.
fxhome.com/reference-manuals/ignite-pro#chroma_key.htm
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
30 Apr 2019 15:38 #4

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by NashvilleSideStreets on topic Fine tuning my chroma key

Thank you so much. Of course, I totally understand and I will continue to experiment. Just wanted to follow thru and send the .veg file as you requested. You have an amazing website and I am grateful for all the help I have received since I've been a member. Have watched many of your tutorials as well.

Thank you, thank you!
01 May 2019 04:05 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.