VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas keeps shutting down and saying unable to create signpost avi file

• Jstm
  • Jstm's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
I have installed the debug frameserver to vegas pro 13 so it can work with handbrake. I did this over a year ago and it has worked perfectly but recently I accidentally cancelled a render before handbrake could load and now when i try and render it keeps saying "unable to create signpost avi file. Please close any applications that may be using this file and try again." Then an empty box comes up and says mount status with only the option to cancel. Then it says vegas pro has stopped working with an option to send a report. Also the black box with all the coding keeps running and cannot be x'd out. I have tried restarting my computer and the program and even setting vegas to its default settings and still the issue continues.This has baffled me and been very frustrating because I am right in the middle of a huge edit and am at a complete standstill. Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated. I made an account special just for this lol

Jess
Last Edit:01 Jul 2019 14:47 by Jstm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Jess

I am the same person from YouTube who advised you to post your problem on the "official" Vegas forums.
I can see that you did do that and that people have replied to your question.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/unable-to-create-signpost-avi-file-and-vegas-keeps-shutting-down--116130/

I am aware that there is a new version of Frameserver now available.
I did not mention this before, because some people where reporting problems with the new version of Frameserver and I did not want to complicate your problem until I had done some testing myself.
www.debugmode.com/frameserver/

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Jul 2019 15:22 by DoctorZen

I am posting this message for anyone who may read this in the future...

Today I have updated my original tutorial for How to export video from Vegas Pro to Handbrake
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/590-render-video-from-vegas-pro-to-handbrake
It includes new instructions for how to install the new version of Debugmode FrameServer 3.0

I have completed tests and everything is working 100% OK in Vegas Pro 16.

The audio bug is still present in v3.0, so you still need to add 1 second to the end of your Vegas projects before rendering with Handbrake using the FrameServer.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:47 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.850 seconds