VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Speedramp for Panorama Cropping

Speedramp for Panorama Cropping was created by Max Croon

Posted 10 Aug 2019 22:46 #1
G'day there everyone!

I'm also using Vegas Pro 15 to create animations next to editing videos. Normally, I use the Panorama Cropping feature to move an object like a simple image around on the screen. To do this, I use simple keyframes.

My question is: Is there a way to apply something like a speedramp to the movement? So that my object is slowly speeding up on and slows down gently before reaching the endpoint? Right now, it is at full velocity immediately and stops rapidly as well. Of course I could just use many many keyframes to achieve a tempo curve, but this isn't really practical and I had to calculate the speeds to do it very smooth.

Is anyone aware of a solution for my 'issue'? Thanks very much in advance & Greetings from rainy Germany!
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Robbie on topic Speedramp for Panorama Cropping

Posted 11 Aug 2019 11:00 #2
Hi Max
If you right click on the pan keyframes you should see a number of options - "Linear", "Fast", "Slow", "Smooth", "Sharp", "Hold" - which have various envelopes. For more information on these options have a look at the "Changing the Interpolation Curve Between Keyframes" section under "Keyframe Animation" in the Help file.
Cheers, Robbie
by Robbie
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Speedramp for Panorama Cropping

Posted 11 Aug 2019 14:17 #3
Thank you @Robbie

Right-click any Key-Frame to access speed settings.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:11 Aug 2019 14:17 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Croon

Replied by Max Croon on topic Speedramp for Panorama Cropping

Posted 01 Sep 2019 18:08 #4
Sorry for the late response. Thank you very much Dex, exactly what I wanted to do. Now I can create smooth animations :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Speedramp for Panorama Cropping

Posted 01 Sep 2019 19:52 #5
Thanks Max 8-)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:49 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.681 seconds