VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Pro 17 continually stops working and just hangs

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Vegas Pro 17 continually stops working and just hangs was created by ilyk49

Posted 13 Sep 2019 20:37 #1
I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem with VP17.

When I work on a project VP 17 continually stops working ("Vegas Pro not responding"). It doesn’t crash as such – it just hangs and you can’t do anything. You then have to close the program and re-open it. This is really annoying, particularly if you are working on a complicated project and haven’t immediately saved it. The program will just stop working and hang – and you then have to close it – and you lose all your work if you haven’t saved it immediately before the hang.

I have been using VP 15 before this and never had this problem. With VP 17 it happens all the time. Does anyone know why this might be happening with VP 17 (but not VP15) and how to fix this as it is really frustrating and makes the program virtually unusable. You can’t work with a program that stops working every 10 or 15 minutes.

Thanks.
Last Edit:13 Sep 2019 22:24 by ilyk49

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 17 continually stops working and just hangs

Posted 13 Sep 2019 22:29 #2
Are you working on a project you started with an older version of Vegas Pro ?

If the answer is yes, then most likely a 3rd party Video FX you are using is not supported by Vegas Pro 17.
I do not recommend trying to open any old projects with Vegas Pro 17, if they contain lots of different Video FX.

A major change was made in VP17, in regards to how Video FX are read/work.
All major 3rd party FX makers were made aware of the changes 6 months in advance and asked to release updates that would work in VP17.
Examples: New Blue FX, Boris FX, Hitfilm "Ignite" FX,....
You need to download the latest build versions for these FX packages, then they will work.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• ilyk49
  • ilyk49's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Replied by ilyk49 on topic Vegas Pro 17 continually stops working and just hangs

Posted 14 Sep 2019 00:12 #3
Thanks Derek

No, these are new projects I started in VP17. Are there any particular settings I need to be aware of? VP17 seems to be much more clunky than VP 15 despite the build up for VP17 from Magix and how good it is. For me , it not nearly as stable as VP15.
by ilyk49

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas Pro 17 continually stops working and just hangs

Posted 14 Sep 2019 01:12 #4
My experience has been the complete opposite to yourself - VP17 has been working very well for me.
I recommend you have a very close look at the official Vegas Pro forums and read what other users have already posted about Vegas Pro 17.
You can post your message on the official forums as well and get many more eyeballs on it.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:49 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.871 seconds