VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas video stabilization

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Vegas video stabilization was created by Michel

Posted 29 Sep 2019 06:37 #1
Hi,

I posted the identical message on the Magix forum hoping to get a quick response since I must submit a project using the described function this Monday. I hope that someone in our community would have an answer on the following problem: Vegas Pro 16 crashes when using Vegas video stabilization when the stabilize function reaches 99%?

Need urgent help on this matter...thank you!

Michel
Last Edit:26 Jan 2020 12:50 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 29 Sep 2019 11:57 #2
Unfortunately you posted in the Audio section of the Magix Community forum. The (Magix) Vegas forum is separate and here

You need to provide more info for anyone to help you. Which VP build are you on and media info on the source material that is giving you problems.

Given your urgency you could try using the old legacy "Stabilize" instead. But you first need to make this available. I don't know about VP as I use VMS where you go to Options and hold down Shift as you click on Preferences. This results in an "Internal" tab being available. Type in Legacy at the bottom and it should appear in the list. Alter FALSE to TRUE and it should appear in your FX list.

EDIT: I've just remembered that Vegas Pro now has a "Depreciated"? tab where you can switch on the legacy Stabilize. You don't need to get into the Internal tab.
Last Edit:29 Sep 2019 13:01 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 29 Sep 2019 18:10 #3
The Deprecated Features tab only came with Vegas Pro 17, so if you have VP 16 you do need to go to Internal Preferences there.

Btw, as I am not a native English speaker, I needed to dig up deprecate vs. depreciate and found e.g. this:
"Computer science has found a new use for deprecate: deprecated (adjective): Used typically in reference to a computer language to mean a command or statement in the language that is going to be made invalid or obsolete in future versions." ( www.dailywritingtips.com/depreciate-vs-deprecate/ ) Interestingly, VP 17 b 321 still has "Depracted" somewhere even though online Help search now, not before finds "Deprecated" as well. (Thought I'd just mention all this on a rainy Sunday morning here, not moaning though....)
by vkmast

Replied by ericlnz on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 29 Sep 2019 18:52 #4
Tks vk. Actually as an English speaker born in UK I had never heard of deprecated. I was going to correct my post but then realised your following one wouldn't make sense, so I've left my error..

I hope the Vegas team don't remove any of the legacy items as I use them. Legacy Titler I prefer for simple titles, Legacy Stabilizer works better (for me) and the new Magix MainConcept render templates give problems with Blu-ray exports containing generated media and some transitions. So I use the legacy MainConcept.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 30 Sep 2019 22:45 #5
Hi Eric,

You seem pretty familiar with the Magix web site. I never go there, usually when I have issues I come on Derek's forum and most of the time I get the responses I need. Now I seem to have a glitch with the video stabilization effect that crashes at the 99% mark. I've tried many free/trial DL from different retailers but they all install watermarks on the saved file. No use! The online services aren't very dependable and tell me that my files are corrupt...they are not!

So I think I'll miss my dead line for this project that was set for today that included a few shaky clips.

I'm writing you because the Forum on this subject is of no use to me since the problem has not been resolved, I'm using Vegas Pro 16 and the problem seems to persist in the the newer version 17?

So I,m trying to reach the technical dpt. but in the subjects presented I see nothing pertaining to Vegas products, am I searching in the wrong place, I don't find the site very friendly user in its search format. So Help on this matter would be appreciated, where to go for the technical support for Vegas...just can't find it?

A bit like VK I'm not of the English language, I'm French, I do hope you understand...thank you.

Michel

Thanks Eric.

Michel.
by Michel

Replied by vkmast on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 01 Oct 2019 01:32 #6
@Michel
"where to go for the technical support for Vegas...just can't find it?"
support2.magix.com/customer/en/vegas/form
by vkmast

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Vegas video stabilization

Posted 01 Oct 2019 12:03 #7
I deliberately did not respond to this forum thread, because I have been extremely unwell for the last 3+ months and kept getting "bogged down" in trying to help people who in the end just vanished. For that reason, I am forcing myself to take a back seat for a while and will only give much shorter answers until my health improves.

When I can't help someone, I always recommend they post their questions on the official Vegas Pro forums here.
Many more experienced Vegas users will see your messages on this forum, which means you should have a greater chance of finding some solutions.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

I don't have the energy to help with this stabilization problem, because I know what will happen next.

The only comment I will make, is that Stabilization works best when you apply it to short sections of video.
If you are trying to apply it to a long video, I recommend chopping the video into smaller pieces first and see how that works.
Stabilization uses a large amount of CPU, GPU and RAM (memory) resources.
If it runs out of memory, it will fail.

Regards
Derek

p.s.
I will post a general message as well on the forum in the next few minutes.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 01 Oct 2019 22:36 #8
Hi Derek,

Last time I spoke to you about ''Donations'' you seemed better in your comments. I do hope that your health does improve and that the doctor you were talking about can help you with your issues.

Thanks for the post Derek and I will try your solution.

Take care

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 03 Oct 2019 05:44 #9
Thanks for the info VK.

Michel
by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.886 seconds