Solved Problem sizing text box in Vegas Pro 15

• Thank you received: 1

Problem sizing text box in Vegas Pro 15 was created by martin57

I'm trying to place a box over text on video sequences. Either a black box over/under white text ...or a translucent box over text. So the text would be in the box. I understand how to use a solid colour from the text generator...I understand how to adjust opacity. But I simply cannot find a way to adjust the box to fit over the text. If I manage to get the height correct then the width is wrong.. if I try making it wider the height is wrong.

Any suggestions? I have been at this for a couple of days now.

Many thanks,
Martin
15 Nov 2019 18:32 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1402

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Problem sizing text box in Vegas Pro 15

Hi Martin

I think this tutorial should help you out.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/546-multi-screen-video-fx-sony-vegas-pro
I would recommend you use the Track Motion window to re-size and position your solid colour blocks.
If you do use this tool, you will have to add a new Video Track for each different block of colour you want to add, because when you change the Track Motion window, it effects everything placed on the same video track.

Turn off Lock Aspect Ratio, then you can "free form" change your text boxes very quickly.

An alternate method you could also use, is to first create solid blocks of colour in a Photo Editing program like Photoshop, which are already in the correct size ratio you want to use. Then import them as image files into Vegas.

Regards
Derek
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
16 Nov 2019 00:03 #2
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by martin57 on topic Problem sizing text box in Vegas Pro 15

Many thanks! this was very helpful...
19 Nov 2019 03:09 #3

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.