Solved Pan/Crop irregular pixels

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by MostlyGhostly on topic Pan/Crop irregular pixels

Okay, here is a folder containing the .veg and video:
drive.google.com/open?id=1M4jxqsThhpgpwvRjwsSn2BFJz72O-VSf
13 Jan 2020 11:02 #11

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1352

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Pan/Crop irregular pixels

I'm sorry, but I'm not wasting anymore time with this.
The video you have just sent me is not the same identical video sample your original question/screen shots were based on.

You can try posting your question on the official Vegas Pro Forums, however I doubt you will find any answers there.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-pro-forum/

I'll say it for the last time, you cannot zoom in 1000% on a 1080p video and expect it to look sharp and clear. At that level, you are going to see "aliasing" artefacts, which is exactly what you would expect to see.

Here is a screen shot from the Preview Window of the project file you just sent me - it's completely blurry as expected and looks nothing like the original imgur screen shots you uploaded.

Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
13 Jan 2020 11:52 #12
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by MostlyGhostly on topic Pan/Crop irregular pixels

It looks like that due to your settings, if turn GPU acceleration of video processing off, and set the preview quality to Draft(Full), you will get the same results I did.

It is not the same identical video as the one in my first post, but it does not need to be. The problem occurs with any material as the problem is due to Vegas.
13 Jan 2020 12:31 #13
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1352

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Pan/Crop irregular pixels

OK. Now I can finely understand what all of this is about.
This thing you believe is a problem, is not a problem at all.
I hope and pray that you fully understand what I am about to explain to you.

The problem is unique to your project because of the type of video you have screen captured and because you have "hyper-zoomed" in on a very tiny object - something no one would not normally do. The game you are screen capturing is using a deliberate low-resolution pixelated style, like Minecraft.

1. There is nothing wrong with Vegas - it is working exactly as is expected.

2. Draft (Full) is not the highest quality setting for the Preview Window - it is the lowest setting. To understand the strange effect you have discovered, you need to forget about your project for one moment and pretend you are working with a video shot with a video camera.

3. The strange combination of your source video, the crop you applied and using Draft (Full), is creating the illusion that the video looks sharp. Set the Preview to Best (Full) and this is what it actually looks like and should look like once rendered.

When you set the Preview Window to Draft quality, Vegas is deliberately rendering a low-resolution image to make it easier to edit with. Instead of displaying 1920x1080 (2,073,600‬) pixels, it is cutting the resolution in half or even less (depending on your CPU power), which means it is not showing the individual pixels from the source video. Instead the pixels look like they are much bigger and blockier - exactly like in Minecraft.

Because your video is already using a "Minecraft" style of effect and because you have super-zoomed into a very tiny part of your video, this is creating a HYPER-Minecraft pixel effect. This same effect will happen if you zoom in on Text.

I have imported one of my own sample videos of the Sydney Opera House into your project and applied the same level on Pan/Crop Zoom and also set the Preview Window = Draft (Full). Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. Can you see how pixelated it is ?

When you an already pixelated video is pixelated a 2nd time, due to being displayed in low-resolution mode, you are going to see weird pixels that are no longer square and uniform - just like in the original screen shot you sent me. I hope you can finally understand this.

If you don't agree with my explanation, there is nothing further more I can say.
All I know is that I have now spent many hours writing messages for you....................................

Here is the original video at Best (Full) resolution, without any Pan/Crop applied.

Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mmcswnavy24
13 Jan 2020 17:36 #14
Attachments:

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.