VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Mixing footage from different camcorders

• CeeDee
  • CeeDee's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 13

Mixing footage from different camcorders was created by CeeDee

Posted 24 Sep 2014 01:34 #1
I am considering purchasing the new Sony PXW-X70 cam as a main cam and using my Canon XA20 with a teleconverter for close ups only. The Canon can capture: 35Mbps mp4 recording as well as AVCHD rate of 28 Mbps. The Sony captures in XAVC format and next year a 4K upgrade is promised for this cam.

QUESTION: Will I be able to mix the footage in a Vegas Pro 12 project without any issues? Both XAVC and AVCHD/ Mp4 and later, 4K footage with AVCHD/ Mp4 (I am fully cogniscent of the proxy files technique for editing 4K files with VP12)
Sony Vegas Pro 15, DVD Architect 9, Acid Music Studio 9, Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Photoshop Elements 9
PC: Intel six Core i7 Processor i7-5820K (3.3GHz) 15MB Cache
ASUS® X99-S: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s
32GB CRUCIAL DDR4 RAM
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X
by CeeDee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Mixing footage from different camcorders

Posted 24 Sep 2014 15:01 #2
There shouldn't be any problems using two different codecs in the same project.
This is meant to be one of the strengths of Vegas Pro, that it can handle mixed media.
However I have not had any access to XAVC yet, so have no real world experience.
The area that will be a bigger issue is mixing the two "different looking" images - this just means you will have to be using some colour correction techniques to get them looking closer to each other.

You may like to post this same question on the Sony Creative Software Vegas Pro Forum and/or Creative Cow Vegas Pro Forum .

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:36 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: CeeDee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.838 seconds