VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Cursor Frozen in Vegas Pro 15

Cursor Frozen in Vegas Pro 15 was created by pagejackson

Posted 29 Feb 2020 06:31 #1
HI, I've been using Vegas for years through several versions. I now have Magix Vegas Pro 15. I'm doing audio recording right now. For some reason, the cursor is now frozen at the beginning of the track. It does not move across the track as the song plays through. I am also unable to grab it and move it. I've been through all the preferences and Help topics; and have found nothing that will change this situation. Can anyone please give me a quick fix for this problem? Many thanks.
PJ
Last Edit:29 Feb 2020 08:59 by pagejackson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cursor Frozen in Vegas Pro 15

Posted 29 Feb 2020 09:06 #2
Hi pagejackson - welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

I recommend you do a full program reset, which often fixes weird problems that happen out of the blue.
This will delete the temporary files cache and restore all settings back to factory defaults.
Instructions here:
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/573-how-to-reset-sony-software-to-default-settings#a1

*You probably are already aware of this, but if not keep reading
After the reset, it might also be a good idea to change your Audio Device settings.
Go to Options/Preferences/Audio Device
Set Audio Device = Windows Classic Wave Driver
This often works best if you are recording directly to the timeline.
The rest of the settings will be unique to your computer!

Let us know if this fixes your problem !

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Feb 2020 09:08 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.733 seconds