VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 20 Apr 2020 20:57 #11
I am assuming both Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio are working now !

Thank you for uploading the screen shot.
Now that your problem is fixed, there is no need for me to say anymore.
The reason I asked for the screen shot is because some other Boris FX plugins have no "Boris" in the name and can be difficult to find in the Program Lists.

The dilemma you are experiencing with Boris Continuum versions is the same one I experienced 4 years ago.
This is why the "bonus" FX that come with Vegas are often not worth it.
You will have to decide which FX you prefer to use OR buy the full license from Boris FX.

The problem is not because of MAGIX, the makers of Vegas.
The problem is that some 3rd party FX makers like Boris FX, like to lock down "bonus feature" plugins to only work in a specific version of Vegas and not be widely accessible by other similar programs.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 20 Apr 2020 21:03 #12
Thank you for your help. I went to visit your personal page and also listened to some videos of you. I have to learn how to use and work with the effect plugins now.
Last Edit:20 Apr 2020 21:04 by jeanguybreton

Replied by jeanguybreton on topic Boris FX Error: Could not load library sx32w.dll

Posted 20 Apr 2020 21:15 #13
Hi, I have a question. Do you have a tutorial that explains how to do so that I can be on a video, but with a transparent background that will be different from that of my video? What effect should I buy to do this? see screenshot
Attachments:

Posted 21 Apr 2020 16:36 #14

jeanguybreton wrote: Hi, I have a question. Do you have a tutorial that explains how to do so that I can be on a video, but with a transparent background that will be different from that of my video? What effect should I buy to do this? see screenshot

You are asking about Green Screen / Chroma Key FX.
I don't have a tutorial on this topic yet, but I did find someone else on YouTube who has posted a tutorial here.

The Chroma Key plugin that comes with Vegas Pro, is very basic. It will work, provided you use good lighting.
Chroma Key is not an easy thing to do and requires some learning and patience.
If you plan to do a lot of green screen videos, I recommend using 3rd party plugins instead, that are dramatically more advanced than the Vegas Pro plugin.
I personally use the Chroma Key fx that come with Hitfilm's Ignite Pro FX package.
fxhome.com/ignite-pro

New Blue FX and Boris FX, also make very good advanced Chroma Key plugins.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 21 Apr 2020 21:28 #15
Oh thank you. But I have another question. If I understand correctly, I must have photos or videos that I have made with a background of green decoration?

I can't take any photos or videos?

Does that mean I have to buy green backdrops?

Posted 22 Apr 2020 13:17 #16
There are 2x components that make up a typical "green screen" video.

1. Video recording of "the talent" in front of the green screen - for this you need a green screen backdrop and a proper lighting kit.
2. The videos or images you insert onto the green screen area can come from anywhere.

Yes you will need to buy a green screen kit to do Chroma Key video production.

Posted 28 Apr 2020 02:30 #17
Hi, thanks for the information. I ordered a kit to make Chroma Key.

That looks suspiciously like the same Kit I own !
The light globes in my kit are super large.
Last Edit:28 Apr 2020 15:18 by jeanguybreton
Attachments:

Posted 28 Apr 2020 15:21 #18
That looks suspiciously like the same Kit I own !
The light globes in my kit are super large, but do a great job.

Tip: Once you get everything set up and record your first video, make sure to adjust the White Balance in your camera, so that it matches the brightness of your "giant" light globes. If you do this, your skin tones will look natural. I also recommend turning off overhead ceiling lights.

Posted 30 Apr 2020 22:39 #19
Hello, I have a question. If you had the choice to buy a bundle, you would choose Boris or Newblue, and why?

It is a big expense, and I would like to choose the right bundles.
Last Edit:01 May 2020 15:28 by jeanguybreton

Posted 01 May 2020 15:39 #20

If you had the choice to buy a bundle, you would choose Boris or Newblue, and why?

Boris FX and New Blue FX, both make very good professional grade Video FX software.
I personally own the complete New Blue Total FX package, which includes everything they make !
newbluefx.com/products/totalfx/
I don't own the Boris FX Continuum Suite, but I have used many of there Continuum Units over the years.
I would like to also buy the complete Boris FX Continuum Suite.

I think New Blue FX are slightly easier to learn, whereas Boris FX goes very, very deep in the level of customization and controls that are available.

Before you buy anything, always make sure to download the free trials and check that the software is going to work correctly on your computer.
Both Boris FX and New Blue FX, require you have a very good Graphics Card installed - some older hardware is not supported by Boris and New Blue.

At the moment, Boris FX has their half yearly sale on !!!!!!!!!!!!!
borisfx.com/
You can buy Bundles up to 50% off right now, depending on what combination you get.
It might also be worth considering to buy a 12 month subscription for the first 12 months - then if you really like it, you can buy permanently in a years time.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.924 seconds